suggestions on Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
Hi y'all!

I want your opinion. I want to calculate burned calories more accurately. Other than the Body Bugg, what tools do you guys use to track calories burned for activities other than MFP?

G

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    To accurately count calories, you need one that you can manually enter in your VO2 max and max heart rate as well as age, weight, and height. You also need one with a chest strap and not just a watch. Polar F6 models and above meet this criteria. Most others are more like MFP guestimations since you can't enter in your own stuff. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but I like the reputation that Polar has.
  • katebcastro
    Options
    I was given this website...try it! It was almost the same as my HRM...

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • katebcastro
    Options
    You will need to know what your heart rate is tho...so a Heart rate monitor is probably best! Get the one that tracks burnt calories too...or if your on a tight budget just count your heart rate for a minute during workouts and go the website I told u earlier..good luck!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Bowflex HRM , meets all the criteria that Lyadeia says, quite impressed when comparing it to the gym equipment and surprised !

Stu
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Bowflex HRM , meets all the criteria that Lyadeia says, quite impressed when comparing it to the gym equipment and surprised !

Stu

I didn't know that Bowflex made HRMs. Was it expensive?
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    To accurately count calories, you need one that you can manually enter in your VO2 max and max heart rate as well as age, weight, and height. You also need one with a chest strap and not just a watch. Polar F6 models and above meet this criteria. Most others are more like MFP guestimations since you can't enter in your own stuff. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but I like the reputation that Polar has.

i will check out the polar models, for sure! thanks! that's what i was looking for!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    I was given this website...try it! It was almost the same as my HRM...

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
    i will check out this site! thanks for the tip!!!
  • gjspiller
    Options

Stu

i will have to compare this HRM...thanks for the tip!