the 30 day shred

Options
hadnt heard of this untill recently and am considering giving it a try. was looking for some opinions on it if anyone had tried it and how it went? also do i need any weights ect ? thanks for taking the time to read and reply if you do. so glad i found this site and hope it helps me after several failed attempts x

Replies

• swylie
    swylie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 Day Shred, but only for like 3 days so far! i watched it before i did it and it looked like it would be a breeze, boy was i wrong!! I'm not in very good shape though. but i still do it anyway and it is slowly getting easier.
    but you will nedd some hand weights. i don't think she ever mention the weight you'll need, but i got 3 pound weights.
    i hope this helps and good luck!!! :smile:
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You do need weights. I do it with 5, though I probably should have started out with 2's or 3's. I really enjoy it--it definitely kicks your butt, and it's only 20 min. I'm not sure how much success I can attribute to it (vs. diet and other workouts) but many on here will say they lost lbs, inches, or both. A warning: it's pretty hard on the knees, so be careful if this isn't your strong suit (it's not mine). All in all, though, it certainly made me more fit, toned, etc. I highly recommend it.
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing workout! You will need a set of 3-5lbs weights & a floor mat. I :heart: it because on days that I can't make it to the gym, I know that I can dedicate 20 mins of my time & still burn a good amount of calories. I def recommend it. Good luck :smile:
  • Denisefitpal66
    Denisefitpal66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I done it for the first time last night. It helps that I have been dong ae active on wii for over a month. Cant wait to do it tonight!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I am on a thread where most of us are on level 3 now and we have seen inch loss rather than weight loss. its pretty intense but the changes in my body shape (5cm off the my upper waist, 3 cm off my umbilical waist, definition in my arms) are worth it! I was on day 3 level 3 when I got sick and haven't done it for 2 days and am actually really missing it. I ate pretty poorly during level one so I think that you would get better results if you eat clean all the way through. Start lower on the weights as the number of reps are a killer! Good luck x x
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh yea its a good dvd!! I started with 3lb for L2 and then 5lb for L3 I can now use 8lb
    stick with it!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love it! Today will be day 9 for me (I think..gotta check my calendar). The first day was tough. I've always had bad knees, so they KILLED after day 1 but now my knees feel stronger. Now my knees don't hurt at all afterward. I can tell I'm getting more tone already and I loooooove that it is only 20 minutes so it's easy to just add on to my other workout.

I got the DVD for $9 at Walmart and the 30 day shred kit, which came with two 3lb weights and a mat, for only like $15 (also at Walmart).

I can feel muscles in my arms I never knew I had haha! Good luck, I think Jillian Michaels is a BEAST but she is awesome and very motivating.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    It's a good workout, but kills my knees, so I don't do it. Yet I can do Jackie Warner dvd's (LOVE THEM) and am doing P90X without any problems. Bummer b/c the time savings is huge.
  • thebugsmama
    thebugsmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT video! It's is a great way to get a good workout in on busy days since it is only a 20 min. workout. I would definitely say it is worth the investment!