Daily Sugar Intake

Options
Everyday I am above my daily sugar allowance, but it is all from fruit.....is this ok? Currently I have a banana with breakfast, an apple as my mid morning snack, and an apple as my pre-exercise snack and that alone is putting me almost double my allowable grams of sugar.

Replies

• foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am too, almost everyday. I was 34 over yesterday.
  • pd7707
    pd7707 Posts: 5
    Options
    i am most worried about the sweeteners i have with my coffee as well as tesco lemon squash with no added sugar, but still 4 sugars in 100 ml. i am doing induction of Atkins diet and i am really not used yet to the new regime. i lost weight very rapid but i am eating none of the foods i used to. no fruits,no pastries,no sweats, choc bars. that is why i can`t give up the sweeteners. it helps me to copy with my sugar cravings.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This frustrates the heck out of me. Why can't I eat fruit? This is what puts me way over every single day.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    While fruit is healthy because it contains fiber and vitamins, it is also high in sugar. Sugar is sugar regardless of where it comes from. Perhaps you could swap a non-starchy veggie or protein as a snack? Celery and nut butter? Chicken breast? Tuna? Whatever works for you.
    Good luck!
  • mschf3
    mschf3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I found this topic while searching for an explanation of where the sugar intake number comes from. I DO want to track my sugar, but am concerned about the "how" of this number. Cutting out fruit isn't the answer...
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I dont track my sugars for that reason. I am always over on sugar. I love my fruits and I am not going to give them up. I need the sweetness of the fruit to stop me from eating other sweets that are not good in any shape or form.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    I have the same thing, don't want to cut out fruit but that's where most of my sugar comes from....
  • NancLH4
    NancLH4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I guess that's why I don't track my sugars. It's not a huge issue for me, health-wise and it's just stressful to see the numbers always too high because of eating the healthy fruits. I want my fruit for my snacks.
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem! I eat a vegan diet, so fruit is a big part of my day. I only recently began trying to lose weight, so I don't know if my sugar intake is the issue. However, I have been over my limit every single day, and the only way to limit it would be to cut my fruit servings-- so sad! I usually have a piece of fruit with breakfast, and one as a snack at some point during the day.