Cottage Cheese Pancake for One

Options
lucylorelei
lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
Just had this for breakfast with my coffee and an orange (no syrup). It was very hearty and filling, and because I ate it with slices of a clementine, I did not miss the syrup.

Add the following to a bowl (if you have an immersion blender) or a blender:
1/4 c. quick oats
1/4 c. nonfat cottage cheese
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
1 t. canola oil

Blend. Pour all batter onto a hot, sprayed skillet. Cook till bubbles form and pop and the pancake starts to look dry. Flip. Cook a couple more minutes. Serve to yourself.

231 calories; 11 g fat; 16 g protein; 2 g fiber

Reduce the calories and fat further by eliminating the canola oil, but it doesn't turn out as well if you do

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Someone had posted a similar recipe with no oil added, but bananas in it and some baking soda. I made them last weekend. They were phenomenal and guilt free. I mixed some raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries with a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt to top it.
  • lucylorelei
    Options
    Yum! I will try that. Next time I am going to replace the oil with a little applesauce, add 1/4 c. shredded potatoes, and top with applesauce. See if it's good as potato pancakes.
  • tracey986
    tracey986 Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't think that I would like the pancake, but I just wanted to post because I'm so proud of your progress!! You inspire me to keep up, I still have around 45 pounds to lose!!! I say, keep up the good work and I hope you have a very blessed day!!
  • tracey986
    tracey986 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a question for you, how long has it taken you to lose the weight so far?
  • lucylorelei
    Options
    I started in January 2006; maintained 165 for about 3 years, and then kickstarted myself again last year when I joined. I was stuck at 155 for a long time too, but then I started doing p90x and being very good about logging on here (and forcing my friends to join!), and lost 10 lbs in 2 months.
  • lucylorelei
    Options
    and thank you!!!!

I am working on learning to accept compliments
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Will try it for breakfast tomorrow, without the oil to see how it turns out.
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    stoopid question.... teaspoons or tablespoons?

Thanks
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Someone had posted a similar recipe with no oil added, but bananas in it and some baking soda. I made them last weekend. They were phenomenal and guilt free. I mixed some raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries with a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt to top it.

.....I want that recipe!
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well I tried this for breakfast today. First of all I am not a fussy eater and will eat almost anything (many years in the military teaches you food tolerence). This dish however ended up in the garbage after a few bites. Even maple syrup could not help it. Not something I am going to make again.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning, and they were a gooey mess. It was hard to blend because it was dry. I didn't use the whole egg, just the white. Could that have made a difference? Maybe the measurements were supposed to be tablespoons? Maybe the oats were supposed to be cooked already? :laugh: I don't know.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Tht is EXACTLY how I do it too, but I add some walnuts for the Omega 3! Yummy!