after the weights off....

Options
so i might be jumping the gun on this, but i feel really determined this time!

heres the concern/question....

I know that after I get down to a healthy weight, theres a good chance my breasts are going to be smaller to, butthe skin is still going to be there. and you cant firm up extra skin!

this might be on the tmi side, but does anyone know what you can do to get back the perky breasts?

cause i am only 20, and i want to still look youthful when im not wearing any clothes :-p

thanks, even if it was tmi! :-p

Replies

• littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    so i might be jumping the gun on this, but i feel really determined this time!

heres the concern/question....

I know that after I get down to a healthy weight, theres a good chance my breasts are going to be smaller to, butthe skin is still going to be there. and you cant firm up extra skin!

this might be on the tmi side, but does anyone know what you can do to get back the perky breasts?

cause i am only 20, and i want to still look youthful when im not wearing any clothes :-p

thanks, even if it was tmi! :-p
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The elasticity of your skin is determined by a variety of things but age is a dominant factor. You at 20, are very lucky in that regard. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to help your body retain that elasticity. Push ups are very good to strengthen your pectoral muscle that supports the breast.. Another really good trick is to find a playground and do the monkey bars- either go all the way across or try to pull yourself up. Start out going for two and work up to 10. It will make a huge difference in the "perkiness"!
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
    ugh. im so bad at push ups :-p
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    littlekimmyishy,

Just use a mantra and repeat it with every pushup.. "Every pushup keeps me from eating an oreo."

Soon you will be good at them! Women have a little more trouble with upper body stuff than men. Do pushups off the wall until you build up some strength. You will get less frustrated. Or do them with your knees on the floor ( doggie style- oh, more TMI ) until your upper body strengthens.

cmriverside
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure if you got the answers you were looking for, but I wanted to add I've noticed chess press workouts do wonders for me, and using Heavy weights I can feel it in my chest area. I've been informed by my doctor losing weight slowly will also help with the loose skin issues some have. Like one reason some people get loose skin is by losing weight super fast.

Good luck!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
    ugh. im so bad at push ups :-p

The best way I've found to get better at them is to forget "girl" push-ups (the ones with your knees on the ground). Instead, find a bench, step, the bar on a smith machine, etc., -- even a wall if you're first starting and can't do it any lower. Do real push-ups, but with less of an incline (i.e., closer to perpendicular than parallel to the floor). As you get better, move to lower benches, steps, etc., until you're finally doing them on the floor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Genetics.

I lost 80 lbs, lost a few cup sizes (38 DDD to 34 DD, so that's, um 5 cup sizes, I think), I'm 39, and they still look awesome (obviously I'm not 20 anymore and they're pretty big so I need a bra, but there's no loose skin or anything). My stomach/thighs/arms is where I got the loose skin.

So it's not necessarily a lost cause. I did do some strength training while losing but nothing crazy, and besides it's not going to affect your breast tissue whatsoever anyway.