Losing weight for my wedding!

Options
Hello!

I'm V... I signed up to My Fitness Pal ages ago but barely used it however I'm hoping that through making friends on here that I'll be able to lose weight and get fit!

I'm even more motivated now as my partner proposed last week (YAY!!!!) so I'm determined to get to a size 10 (UK sizing!)!! I'm 5 foot 8inches tall and currently weigh 166lbs so am aiming for 140lbs by the end of August... that definitely sounds achievable to me - I just think if I don't find myself a support network with other people who I can be honest about my weight with (is it just me that refuses to tell anyone their weight???) that I'm going to fall flat on my face!

I'm on day three of Jillian Michaels 20 day shred and my legs and arms are killing me... I just keep telling myself that it'll all me worth it. I also do pilates everyday so I'm definitely starting to get myself fit... I just wish it didn't hurt my muscles so much!! haha!!

Hope to speak to some of you soon!
V xxx

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    hi! welcome and congratulations!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Just remember to eat right, try to cut out as much JUNKfood, FASTfood as you can. Watch your sodium intake etc.

Exercise regularly...

Congratulations on the weddin'...I got married on August 8 2008. It's a good month to get married in

All my best to you in your journey :happy:
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats... I am getting married on September 2nd and I have 15 pounds that I want to get rid of. I am starting TurboFire when I return from travel for my job. I haven't tried on any wedding dresses yet. But I will be on April 3rd so I need to get myself focused by then. Be encouraged. Add me as a friend and we will keep each other encouraged.
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    Im also getting married this year, in September, I have like 40 pounds to shed.
    I also could use the help and motivation!
    Us, wedding girls, we need to stick together! :)
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! This is a great site! I've been a member for about a year now and found myself slacking for the first 10 months of it. Beginning Jan 3rd this year I started up again and have lost 13 lbs in 2 months. I'm about the same weight as you and have a similar goal. My biggest advice is to make sure you log on every day. It will keep you motivated and make you realize what you're putting into your body. Good luck and congrats on the wedding!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! Having support is so important to being successful in losing weight and getting fit. Your goal weight is absolutely doable by August! You will be a hot, happy and confident bride :) The best advice I can give you is to utilize this site. Keeping track of everything you eat and drink. The people I've come across on here are amazing and supportive and I hope you find the same thing. Good luck and don't worry about sharing any information (*cough* weight *cough*) since we are all on here for the same reason and there is no judging.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! i'm getting married on june 25! so i'm definitely in the same boat. i'm doing ok weight wise....i've been on mfp for three

years:drinker: but would love to firm up! friend me and let's keep each other in check :flowerforyou:
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have found this site helpful if you have friends. The reason being you feel like you are part of a team and I feel that I will let them down if I don't continue on the journey.

Add me as a friend if you want.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I got married on August 8 2008. It's a good month to get married in

Us 5'8 gals must be drawn to August weddings; Aug 15, 2009 here! August is the most weather-stable month of all 12 so it's just the smartest choice ;)

Congrats and sorry you got jipped on 10 days of Jillian's '30' day shred (not 20) dam UK edition ;)

JOKES JOKES, I know it was a typo!!!
  • missy_v
    missy_v Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments and encouragement :) I'm super excited to lose weight now that I've read all your comments!!

Oh and I totally meant 30 day shred!! See... I'm trying to cheat already!!! :)

V

xxx