question

Options
Good morning! Ive been doing well in my diet until a sudden halt in my weight loss. I've been drinking my favorite refreshment ( its called grass jelly drink, comparable to iced tea ). Even though it has only 96 calories per serving it also packs 22 grams of sugar. I soooooo love this stuff! My question is: will this drink deter me from losing weight ??? I consumed about 2x a day and also record it to my diary....thank you:flowerforyou:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    well, my believe and the secret to my success, is maintaining my sugar at around 30 grams a day. With that being said, yes, your drink is not helping you any.

When we consume too much sugar at one meal, our blood sugar level spikes up and quickly crashes----this leads to hunger and cravings and also slows down the fat burning machine in us.

Instead, choose sugar free drinks---as well as WATER---water is so vital to the human body as well as any weight loss efforts. Also, eat 6 meals a day that are low carb/lowsugar/protein balanced---this wil keep your blood sugar from spiking and crashing.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with poster above! Drink MORE WATER - get rid of you other drink that you love.
  • swylie
    swylie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should limit your sugar intake! i LOVE sweet tea and i was drinking it all day long, everyday!! now i have a glass of tea maybe once a week!! I also drink lots of water now!!
    Maybe you can use Truvia or something like that to sweeten it instead of sugar?
  • Jacy707
    Jacy707 Posts: 18
    Options
    Maybe try swapping one of them daily with some water and see how that works out for you. I am a big believer in still being able to have the foods you love. So if you can eliminate them completely, that would be awesome due to the sugar levels, but if it is "essential to your happiness" then try just having one a day.

Good luck =)

J
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thank you all!:flowerforyou: