Mission Accomplished!

Options
BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
On March 19, 2010 I sat with my wife on my bed, just a couple weeks after turning 39 and told her that I needed to change some things. With my 40th birthday looming in a year I told her that I felt it was now or never for finally getting healthy and I needed some help. We agreed to help each other and both set a goal of losing 40 pounds by our 40th birthday.

The first couple of weeks went great, dropped some weight and then I stalled. Began losing some over a couple of weeks and then a couple of months. But after losing only 10 pounds over 5 months I was about ready to quit, but thankfully I didn’t and discovered C25K and MyFitnessPal…and wow!

That is when weight really began coming off again, sometimes big losses, sometimes small, but it was happening. When Christmas came around, 9 months after setting my goal, I was within striking distances of hitting my goal…and I was actually surprising myself! And then about a month later I hit my 40 pound goal, about 10 weeks early!

So, rather than quit I set a new goal, reaching a healthy BMI, which would mean getting my weight down to where it was in high school. Could it happen? Did I have it in me? I didn’t know, but was willing to try! I adjusted my daily diet needs and changed my workouts.

This morning I weighed in at 168! That puts my 1 pound below a healthy BMI range and sets it at 24.8! I still have a lot of work to do on my midsection where I have 40 years of flab to work off, but wow…what a difference a year makes!

Last year: 220 pounds…This year: 168 pounds
Last year: Tight size 38 pants…This year: VERY loose size 34 pants
Last year: Tight XL shirts…This year: comfortable L shirts
Last year: 32.5 BMI…This year: 24.8 BMI
Last year: Got winded running with my kids in yard…This year: Ran three 5K’s and training for a 10K

Yes…it can be done! And i CAN DO ALL THINGS through Christ who gives me strength!

Now on to the next part of this journey...the remaining belly fat and toning up. I still have yet to see the bottom of my belly button and I will find it! I will be sticking with MFP as long as I can because the tools on here are 2nd to none and everyone part of this website has been so encouraging!
God is good and I'm ready to begin celebrating the next 40 years now!

Replies

• JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You have done a wonderful job and your determination is inspiring!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow....you look great!!
    Congrats on your success & good luck on your continued journey.
    You are truely an inspriation....thanks for sharing your story :flowerforyou:
    p.s. not to appear dumb but what is C25K????
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Hard work always pays off. Keep at it, we want a six pack :)
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your getting acquainted with your belly-button again.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    sounds like you guys are doing awesome!
  • sheri1120
    sheri1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, gives me hope!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Way to go Bobby! You are an inspiration!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    wow....you look great!!
    Congrats on your success & good luck on your continued journey.
    You are truely an inspriation....thanks for sharing your story :flowerforyou:
    p.s. not to appear dumb but what is C25K????

Couch to 5K, it is a running program for the non-runner (like I was) to be able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. A GREAT program!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and congrats on making your goal! What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!