Confessions from Day 2

Options
Well, here I am, 41, overweight and out of shape. I just did Jillian's The Shred dvd. I finished my workout with 15 minutes of the elliptical. I did mention the out of shape part??

Arms are really sore. I'm tired. I left the light on down in the basement and am too tired to trudge back down there to turn it off. It will have to wait.

I don't think I like Jillian or that we could be friends. I invite friends over for coffee and cake. I guess that's how I ended up in this predicament.

BUT, I will do this again tomorrow. And the next day. It WILL become a habit!

Replies

• Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You're a superwoman to manage to do ANYTHING after a Shred session!
  • bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ha! Great post! Keep up the hard work... you may even start to like Jillian. ;)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Don't let the soreness and tiredness deter you. Drink lots of water, stretch well after your workouts, and do it again!
  • 1chattymartha
    Options
    Yes, repeat the good habits until they become automatic! Your humor will go a long way to serve you during the process. Best of luck to you!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Me to! Tonight will be day three...I dont like her very well....were not friends but I told myself 30 days and thats all...Hopefully we might begin to like her! haha
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    good fo ryou! a bunch of us are doing it together. see if you can find the threads under "shreddin it and forgetting it" and join us :D Keep it up!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    I found that going down stairs was worse then going up after two days of the Shred. The movement of an elipitcal or tread mill after this work out really helps with stretching the legs.