Hello from New Orleans!

Options
Hey guys, new here to MFP but off to a great start! Reading all of the success stories from you has really given me inspiration to really do it this time! First step was understanding how food works (duh) never thought of food in the light that I see it now. Second step was buying an awesome elliptical which I was able to snag from a friend that works at a gym and gets access to all of the equipment once they deem it's outdated. Now I'm ready to get this started! Well I actually already got started last week....1200 calorie a day diet eating all natural foods and 30 minutes on the elliptical first thing in the morning and 30 minutes on the elliptical 30 minutes when I get home from work, on track to loose 2 pounds per week. Not so bad so far, managed to be able to handle splitting meals with a 5 member household and only 2 on a healthy eating plan. If it's chicken for dinner I will just split the chicken into 2 skillets, add vegetables to one and cook rice or pasta for the other. I'm hoping the healthy eating rubs off on the others in the household, so far we may have 1 more on our side :)

Good luck to everyone on the boards!

Replies

• fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i love new orleans!! welcome!! good luck in your weight loss journey. we're all here to help.
    hope you're having a great mardi gras season!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm from Louisiana, too....Northeast La....I bet it's hard to maintain weight with all that yummy cajun food down there....and beignets....yum....now I'm hungry....
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    wooo I love New Orleans. I live about na hour and a half fromt here and honestly don't go there enough. Glad you found the site and glad you ar emotivated to try and do this!! You will do great!
  • msthubbard
    Options
    Hi New Orleans, I'm in Baton Rouge. I haven't been on MFP very long but I have had success in my short time here. Congrats on your weight loss. This site keeps you mindful of what you eat and it has actually made me want to exercise just to see the number of calories burned.

Welcome:wink:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! how are u holding up with all the king cake floating around? i just had 2 slices lol
  • cspano554
    Options
    Awwww you guys are already awesome!!! Well I do love cajun food and I actually still get to eat most of it just with a few modifications. I cook spicy regardless, peppers are free right so I keep them in all meals. I still eat everything else I ate before as far as meals go, just replaced fried with grilled, replaced rice/pasta with quinoa, replaced vegetable oil with olive oil, replaced processed with single ingredient.

I haven't craved king cakes at all yet, I never was a big fan of it. I prefer FOOD over sweets lol, that's always been my weakness. I eat until I gorge myself and can't move but now I'm learning to appreciate food and not abuse it anymore. LOL I was a food abuser!
  • apertuis
    apertuis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Louisiana too :) I'm good with regular king cake, but give me the donut one and I have a hard time saying no!!! It's almost over :) I've been here since January & so far have had success. The motivation is awesome!