Cake

Options
I want to eat a whole cake. I don't want to do things like that very often, but I've been really good for 3 weeks and I have this awful fantasy about eating a whole one. I've had no cake since I started MFP.

Anyone ever have this problem? If so, what should I do? (besides eat cake)

BTW...that cake in the picture, I made that. So that gives you a bit of understanding of how much I love cake.

Replies

• omkranti
    Options
    I want to eat a whole cake. I don't want to do things like that very often, but I've been really good for 3 weeks and I have this awful fantasy about eating a whole one. I've had no cake since I started MFP.

Anyone ever have this problem? If so, what should I do? (besides eat cake)

BTW...that cake in the picture, I made that. So that gives you a bit of understanding of how much I love cake.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

I soooooooo know where you are coming from.......I fanatise sometimes about sitting at Daairy Queen and eating a LARGE blizzard (about 1200 calories of pure, heart palpating sugar!).......

And then I think of all of the inspiring people here and have my weight watchers ice cream and go for a walk......

Gorgeous cake BTW!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eat a SLICE of cake.
    Eat a SMALL blizzard.

Don't deprive yourself or you might just end up binging!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Whatever you do...don't eat a whole cake. Is there any way you can go somewhere & buy a slice of cake to get your fill? I haven't craved any foods because I eat what I want to. The only catch is that when I'm out of calories, I'm done eating. This does give me the incentive to workout more.:happy: I have found in the past that if I avoided a food that I really liked, or loved in your case, I would eventually pig out on it at some point. So maybe try to have a piece of cake now & then it might stave off the desire to eat the whole thing.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I think part of the problem is that you have deprived yourself of something for too long. In the past, while dieting, I would not allow myself to eat certain foods and then one day I just would not be able to stop eating all of the deprived foods. This time around I have realized that this is a life long committment to bettter eating and I now incorporate all foods (including cake) into my diet. I am not saying to eat cake on a daily basis, but every once in a while is okay. The key is to not let it consume you, have a small slice of cake and enjoy it without feeling guilty. One slice will not derail you, but the whole cake will and depriving yourself of foods only leads to a train wreck.
  • Lauren882
    Options
    I'm 100% with you. I dream of Burger King, just yummy, beautiful double cheeseburgers with no pickle. Yummmmmm......

Don't do it though! Be strong! Think of buying your next pair of jeans one size smaller!

77063.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • omkranti
    Options
    Yeah, I should probably go get a slice. Otherwise I'll end up baking and my boyfriend doesnt like cake, so I end up eating the whole thing.
  • janameyer
    Options
    I agree with you on this-it is so hard to not ever eat things that you like. You can however, teach yourself to eat a smaller portion. Like a slice of cake, instead of the whole cake. I don't think this ruins your diet or anything-you just have to allow for it in your calories for the day and do a little more exercising. Having a small slice will get your through your craving. Hang in there.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Yeah, I should probably go get a slice. Otherwise I'll end up baking and my boyfriend doesnt like cake, so I end up eating the whole thing.

Sell them! They are beautiful!
    Bake yourself tiny cakes. Muffin sized, LOL, if that is all that is within your calorie limit. =)

Have your cake, just in small portions.
    That cake is so pretty. I wanna see pictures of other ones too!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm......cake........mmmmmmmmmmm....:laugh:
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem only with Krispy Kreme donuts. So one day I just factored in a donut, actually I ended up working out so much that day that I got to have two! I guess I was way too over excited about fulfilling my craving. It took me [and no I am NOT kidding] an entire 30 mins to eat TWO donuts. They were absolutely delicious and I haven't wanted them since. Well at least not since then which was about two weeks ago.

So the moral of the story is have some cake. Exercise more or have a small piece, whatever it takes. Then when its time to eat it, eat it slow and enjoy every bite! You won't feel guilty and it'll settle the cake craving monster down for a while!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i buy the betty crocker warm mini delights cakes, only 150 cal per serv. they come in choc. caramel, choc. raspberry, and molten chocolate......... oh, you can eat a whole one too :wink:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Buy a cupcake, then you can eat the whole thing. Look at it through a magnifying glass if you have too.
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    it's only been 3 weeks, I'd wait a little longer.... but thats me. And I'm a cake decorator too!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i hear you 100%!!!

i had fantasies all weekend about binging on a whole large pizza, but you know what? i didn't,. and i feel really great about myself. i ate at regular times, planned out my meals and really focused on following the plan.

what i wuld suggest for you is to have some cake. go to the store and maybe buy a small cupcake. put it on a plate, sit down at your dining table and enjoy it with a fork or spoon. savour it, but certainly don;t deny yourself. i know all to well that denial leads to binging. good luck, you can do it!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Buy a cupcake, then you can eat the whole thing. Look at it through a magnifying glass if you have too.

:laugh:
    Dot, you are awesome!
  • omkranti
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Btw..I'm a tax accountant, not a cake decorator, I just do it for my friends birthdays and such.
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    You should make a cake, eat one slice and then send me the rest. *nods* :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok.

So if you bake a cake, and invite us ALL over for a peice, you wont end up eating very much and we will ALL be happy!! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: