My little top to avoid snacking!

Options
I'm sure other people have done this/ are doing this but i wanted to share it anyway since it's helping me quite a lot, and i thought it would be fun for people to share their own tips to help them stop snacking.

I've stuck pictures of my pre-pregnancy figure on my fridge and cupboards, to remind myself of what i am capable of looking like. Coupled with pictures of what i look like now, it makes me stop and think twice before reaching for those biscuits!

Anyone else doing anything similar or got other ideas?

Sophie
x

Oops meant to be tip in the title not top!

Replies

• vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    me too ... i have pics of slimmer me around to stop me from unhealthy snacking and i tell myself i have done this before and can do it again ,i wanna wear skirts come summer... keeps me going
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same thing, but I am now finding myself looking at other women more (my fiance' totally gets a giggle out of it), but I'm not looking because I'm checking them out. Well, maybe I am...I'm noticing things like...oohh that's the butt I want, or I think that's exactly what I'd look like when I lose all this....it's rather motivating! When I reach for bad for me goodness, I just think...remember how that girl looked, YOU can look like that TOO! Just put the snack down!!! lol
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Sounds silly, but if I didn't look on this site every hour then I'd probably be eating! So thanks to MFP and everyone here! Nothing is more inspiring than see everyone else losing weight and getting fit!
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm working on doing something similar, except I'm hanging my favorite pre-pregnancy jeans and the bathing suit I want to wear this summer around the house, hahaha.
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Sounds silly, but if I didn't look on this site every hour then I'd probably be eating! So thanks to MFP and everyone here! Nothing is more inspiring than see everyone else losing weight and getting fit!

I'm the exact same way!! If I didn't have MFP and all my buddies I'd snack away!
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    Same for me, I check in with MFP and put the snack down or make a better choice-this site is incredibly motivating! Plus I just try to remind myself that I am not on a diet and am not depriving myself of anything, I am changing my lifestyle for the better. I remind myself that Iam not one of those people who can eat all the garbage and be thin, and that's ok- there is something better that I can be doing with my time or some better food that I should be eating. It's hard, but we can do this- good idea with the pictures too!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Me too!!!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, glad I'm not the only one checking out other women. I look at other girls' bodies all the time BUT I noticed I need to be careful to pay attention to what kinds of body types these women have. I'm always going to be BUILT the way I am (petite but well proportioned, thank goodness) no matter how much weight I lose, so longing to have the body of the long-legged, tall, skinny woman at the gym is silly. Losing weight isn't going to make my legs longer!

But checking out the small, hot girl with a body type similar to mine is a great motivator for me.
  • dhulse
    dhulse Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I'm the same way! I love my MFP friends!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    To avoid emotional eating, I have a little sign in my pantry and on the fridge that says "what you're looking for isn't in here."
  • Shofie_1910
    Options

I think most people on MFP completely agree with you, i know i do! It's so inspiring to look at how great everyone is doing.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    To avoid emotional eating, I have a little sign in my pantry and on the fridge that says "what you're looking for isn't in here."

That's great! Except I need one for the fridge, and the cabinets and pantry, and maybe even my car window in case I try driving through some ff place! :happy:
  • Shofie_1910
    Options
    Another tip i've heard of (And am trying at the moment!) is to turn the telly, computer etc off when your eating. Apparently if your attention is divided you don't feel as full after your meal.
  • Shofie_1910
    Options
    Another tip i've heard of (And am trying at the moment!) is to turn the telly, computer etc off when your eating. Apparently if your attention is divided you don't feel as full after your meal.