New Kid in Town

Options
PSmillie
PSmillie Posts: 26 Member
I just started my third day on My Fitness Pal and finally found some time to introduce myself. I've been working toward my weight goal of 165 pounds for about two years now. I've lost 40 pounds so far with 32 to go. I used to do Weight Watchers online and found the message boards were a great tool to help me stay on track. I love hearing what you have to say!

Hopefully, I'll get to know a bunch of you. Are there any groups or frequent posts I should look out for that are particularly fun?

Replies

• dc5rn
    dc5rn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome!!! this is a great place to be.. :) a lot of supportive people on herem, its great
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome and best of luck
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow WW friend. I have just started this week also. Good luck on your journey!
  • JeSSe_Lee
    Options
    Welcome!
  • aerobicguy
    aerobicguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!
    I just canceled WW after 2 years, (I was one who gained after the new program) and have to say I LOVE it here. There were definitely some positive and supportive people there, but overall, especially since the program changed, there got to be a lot of bickering and negative. This place has been very encouraging and up beat, no matter which area of the forums I go into.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Also a WW user, welcome, I am new also! Looking forward to posting with you!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my WW subscription. WW just wasn't for me, the only thing I really liked about it was the message boards which I still frequent:wink:
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also am a former WW...had been a member for several years but never saw the success I was looking for. (I know that's ALL on me not working the program). But after the new Points Plus rolled out, and my family's finances changed, I just can't justify paying for a membership when I can find a similar program online for free.

I hope all of us WW and former WW find every success we desire! Here's to friendly support!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I also am a former WW...had been a member for several years but never saw the success I was looking for. (I know that's ALL on me not working the program). But after the new Points Plus rolled out, and my family's finances changed, I just can't justify paying for a membership when I can find a similar program online for free.

I hope all of us WW and former WW find every success we desire! Here's to friendly support!

I had done WW before, and would quite a couple three months into it, because I felt guilty about the money. I told myself it was something I should be able to do on my own. This last time, I went with the attitude that I deserved to do this for me, money and all. Was very successful. But I couldn't keep paying when I was gaining, and I tried and tried to figure out how I needed to make the new program work for me, and it was just frustrating. So when I found this site, and it was free, and interactive, supportive and encouraging, I knew that quitting WW wouldn't mean I was a lone. I definitely can't do this a lone, I have tried too many times and failed.