amazing homemade protien bars

Options
half cup lowfat milk
third cup natural peanut butter
i cup old fashioned oatmeal
8 scoops chocolate protein powder
3 Tbl spoon crushed almonds
3 Tbl spoon natural honey

mix oatmeal and protein powder then add p.b. and honey next slowly add milk to get desired texture place on wax paper in glass dish cover with crushed almonds and cill for an hr slice into 5 protein packed bars great on the go .... let me know how ya like em

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bet my bf likes em, thanks!!!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    also these bars are 477 cal 32 carbs 16 fat and 51 protein ... made to be a meal replacement with no hunger pains later
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Do these keep at room temperature, or do you need to keep them refrigerated because of the milk content?
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Sounds good. Do these keep at room temperature, or do you need to keep them refrigerated because of the milk content?

i keep mine in the fridge at all times my roomy likes em too so the dont last long
  • italiabella
    italiabella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are those the protein bars from Dave Ruel's Cookbook? It sounds just like them.
  • brittfam
    brittfam Posts: 34
    Options
    Wow,sound great! I will be trying them out! Thanks :)
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I will have to try that. Thanks for the post.
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    These sound good! Thank you for sharing!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options

totally i am a huge fan of the muscle cook i will add his greek yogurt dressing soon its wonderful i like to put mango in mine though ... so you follow ruel thats awesome
  • italiabella
    italiabella Posts: 19 Member
    Options

totally i am a huge fan of the muscle cook i will add his greek yogurt dressing soon its wonderful i like to put mango in mine though ... so you follow ruel thats awesome

Yes, we use his recipes all the time.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options

Yes, we use his recipes all the time.

have you tried the cheesecake yet i was wondering but i have to go to the store first
  • shanhawk
    shanhawk Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe...can't wait to try them.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    That sounds good, will definitly try them! Thanks!