OT - Can you wear open toed shoes with tights?

Options
or is that totally gross.

i'm going out for dinner and i want to wear this cute dress, but it will be too cold to wear the cute shoes i have. can i just wear tights? or will i have to buy some closed-toe shoes?

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    or is that totally gross.

i'm going out for dinner and i want to wear this cute dress, but it will be too cold to wear the cute shoes i have. can i just wear tights? or will i have to buy some closed-toe shoes?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Not that my opinion counts but you seem pretty young and that seems kinda "old lady" like to put tights and open toes. Cute flats would be good and comfy
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I would not wear the tights, and unless you are eating outside, the inside temperature might be ok for the shoes you already have.....oh the sacrifices to look good :wink:
  • ellelit
    Options
    ugggggg i just don't want to break down and buy new shoes lol. it's for my b-day weekend, but i think we'll be walking around alot. i'll just suck it up and be cold. and paint my toes purple. lol although, if it's cold out they'll be purple anyhow...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    what about leggings - would they work under the dress? Your legs would be warm only your toes would be cold...
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I see it all over fashion mags now with those new open toe boots, but I say blech!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I see it all over fashion mags now with those new open toe boots, but I say blech!

It is a huge fashion no-no......I don't care who you are or what you do, it is NEVER ok to wear tights with open-toe shoes. UNLESS you have those tights that are open in the toes and go between your big toe and second toe. You can make them too.....but I don't suggest this as the tights will unravel. Wear pants sweetie.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    NO, No, NO!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    NO, No, NO!!

I second...third...and fourth that!

Panty hose are even considered a faux pas these days.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I never wear tights, I wouldn't and then wear your open toed shoes.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I never wear tights.

I do.
    I TOTALLY believe that one! :wink:
  • lifesaver
    Options
    I don't really see what the problem is?... what kind of open toed shoes exactly? like sandals?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like to wear my l lace "booties" with my open toed shoes. I have gotten more than a few compliments. I have purchased really cute crocheted tights to carry it over in the Fall. Then again, I have my own style and I don't really care what people think!:laugh:

Flaunt it girl!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I never wear tights.

I do.
    But of course! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would have to say no tights with open toe shoes. If you are worried about being cold, I highly recommend Spanx. You can get them in different lengths - capri, knee, mid thigh, etc.... and since I live in the COLD COLD COLD weather, I find them incredibly helpful. I love these under slacks too. They are wonderful - no panty lines, we keep warm, and they have a slimming feature. Triple win!!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I never wear tights.

I do.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hey there Max!!!
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I wouldn't ...
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I never wear tights.

I do.
    I TOTALLY believe that one! :wink:
    are they pretty purple????:laugh:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't.

Mudd makes cute flat shoes.

I don't ever wear tights or pantyhose. If my legs can't be bare with a skirt or dress, I'm wearing pants!
  • ellelit
    Options
    thanks guys lol... so many no's!!

ya, i'll wear pants. :(