A Little NSV for Me!!!

Options
I'm trying to break my habit of hopping on the scale so much because I know where I've been doing some weights and such, I might not be losing and might even be gaining as far as weight, but losing size anyway.
So when I feel the thought to scale hop come on, I've been trying on clothes I haven't been able to wear in 2 years or so.

Today, I went and tried on my wedding dress - which I haven't been able to wear since shortly after I got married 3 years ago.
And for giggles I tried tossing it over my head with it Still Zipped and guess what? It went RIGHT ON! Zipped up!!
Not only that, but even though I know I weigh more than I did at our wedding, it def is just a weensy bit looser on me than it was when we got married! So I'm either losing in other places more than some, making it fit better despite the weight....OR, I've gained some little bits of muscle and still lost general size!! :)

Either way, it's kind of nice to be able to get into something you got too fat (even fatter) to wear 3 years ago and have it go on so easily and without unzipping!! :)
Still got a long way to go...but little things like this are nice to keep me going at times!

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!!! My goal is to fit into a dress that I haven't fit into in 8 years so your story gives me hope!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with my prom dress! Congrats on your loss so far, I'm happy for you and your success :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thats great!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Nice!! WTG! Keep up the good work!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm excited to get the next 80 lbs off me!!
  • danicajt
    danicajt Posts: 18
    Options
    Thats wonderful!
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Well done!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jen!! I know what you mean about jumping on the scale too much. I was doing it once every couple days for a while, and it wasn't any good. I threw mine out and have been going by how my clothes fit for the last while. I tried on my prom dress and it's too big - Im also too muscley to wear it now :P

Great job!
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    You might weigh more then at your wedding but becuase muscle is more dense and takes up less space you can weigh the exact same but be a lot smaller..... :) so CONGRATS!! you are making process and soon the scale will catch up!! Muscle burns more calories too - so the more muscles you have the more productive your body is when you are doing nothing at all. :)
    Congrats again!! it is an awesome feeling isnt it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!