What should I cut to loose fat?

Options
I tried searching forums, but couldn't find an answer really...I have lost weight so far just by portioning foods I normally eat, but I have read that it's not enough to cut back on calories, you have to watch what you eat as well. So my question is what should I be watching? Is it mostly cutting back on carbs? sugars? in order to loose weight more efficiently? Thanks : D

Replies

• KasondraAllen
    Options
    I find watching my sugar intake really helps me!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    chicken & vegetables are you new best friend. stay away from pasta, bread, anything 'low fat' has added sugar so if it's good fat, then keep eating it.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    What do you eat during the day? Are you also incorporating strength training in your workouts?
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cut out or severely limit your sugar. Watch out for too much fruit - it's still sugar, which converts to insulin and then to fat if it's not burned.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Watching refined sugars is a good thing. You don't have to eat LOW carb, but just make sure you are eating the "good" carbs: whole grain, high fiber. Limit intake of processed/prepackaged foods; these are loaded with sugar, salt, empty carbs, etc. Make sure you are eating enough fiber, drinking enough water and eating enough healthy fats!

Edit to add:
    Add more cardio workouts and strength training too!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    #1 Sugar...keep it to 35gr a day
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    And since sugars are hidden in carbs.... Focus on the sugar number and try to increase your protein intake. I added dietary fiber to my totals so if I am over on carbs and dietary fiber by the same amount I don't worry about it. Dietary fiber carbs are good, sugar carbs are not okay.
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What do you eat during the day? Are you also incorporating strength training in your workouts?

I tend to eat pasta a lot actually, lol...and haven't started putting strength training into my routine...just doing cardio at the moment (mainly b/c my weights are in the garage and it's f'n cold out there)
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Cut all grains, bread, pasta, pizza crust, anything made from grain, and sugar, and the weight will fall off, I promise. Check out this web site for more and better information. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cut all grains, bread, pasta, pizza crust, anything made from grain, and sugar, and the weight will fall off, I promise. Check out this web site for more and better information. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
    oh lord...could take me a while to be able to do that. Thank you all for your help : D