I'm hungry..stop me!!

Options
What are some good ideas for getting my mind off the hunger?

Replies

• Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    water water water! and goooooooooooooo
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DRINK LOTS OF WATER
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - I get hungry too, but a friend of mine who lost a ton of weight (over 100 lbs) gave me a great idea - if you can stand them, eat a few raw veggies. Virtually no calories and you'll stop feeling hungry. I used to have people tell me to chew gum, but with each stick of gum having 10 calories, I decided it wasn't worth it. Hope this helps.

I know people say to drink a lot of water, but frankly, that does absolutely nothing for me except make me have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. Water might work for you though. :)
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Water, stay busy and gum
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    what you really need to look at is why you are hungry??? When was your last meal. What did you eat at your last meal. The secret to my success has been eating 6 meals a day, each one has a balance of carb/protein, this keeps my blood sugar levels even all day long which keeps me from feeling hungry or craving junk.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    In my experience, often when my body is saying "I'm Hungry" its actually because I'm thirsty. Drink a big cold glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you're still legitimately hungry than have a small healthy snack.

Also, make sure that you are eating healthy during your meals. Whole grains and protein help me to feel much fuller much longer. If I eat junk or fast food I am much more likely to be hungry sooner because my body didn't get the nutrients it requires to operate at optimal level.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Is it real hunger or head hunger? If it's real hunger, you probably should eat something healthy. If it's head hunger, drink some water, go for a walk, anything else really.

Head hunger is a big issue for me. Usually strikes at night though, so I just go to bed. LOL
  • VanessaDWhite
    Options
    If you have 30% of you calories come from protein, and at least 35 grams of fiber, you won't be hungry. It's sometimes hard to get all that in, you'll feel like you're eating all the time, but you will be full, and you will drop weight.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Water, and lots of fiber and especially protein throughout the day!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If you are actually hungry, then eat something substantial, yogurt, peanut butter, almonds, apple or banana.

If you are kinds hungry and just need something to get your mind of it, I like celery, radishes or red pepper strips, cucumber slices.

Otherwise sugar-free gum, water, sipping plain tea or coffee for that hand to mouth feeling. Get your hands busy doodling or something else. Clean:smile:
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you are actually hungry, then eat something substantial, yogurt, peanut butter, almonds, apple or banana.

If you are kinds hungry and just need something to get your mind of it, I like celery, radishes or red pepper strips, cucumber slices.

Otherwise sugar-free gum, water, sipping plain tea or coffee for that hand to mouth feeling. Get your hands busy doodling or something else. Clean:smile:

Yeah, since the water in my office tastes like old spearmint, i decided to get some coffee. It's helping a lot.
  • Trjlove
    Trjlove Posts: 28
    Options
    First of all you should not be hungry. I would suggest changing your mode of consumption. If you are hungry, then you are waiting too long between meals. It is best to eat more times and lessen the amount. If you eat every 1.5-2 hours and increase your fluid intake, you will not feel hungry. It will actually be the opposite.

If I can help further, let me know. I would love to share what has worked for me and I was an emotional eater.

20lbs in 32 days and not hungry, starving, or saying no to anything I want.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    First of all you should not be hungry. I would suggest changing your mode of consumption. If you are hungry, then you are waiting too long between meals. It is best to eat more times and lessen the amount. If you eat every 1.5-2 hours and increase your fluid intake, you will not feel hungry. It will actually be the opposite.

If I can help further, let me know. I would love to share what has worked for me and I was an emotional eater.

20lbs in 32 days and not hungry, starving, or saying no to anything I want.

I would love to know what worked for youu!! That's awesome!! I have the same problem, I eat when stressed, sad, etc., and don't stop until bursting at the seams full.