Diet Help!!!

Options
I am really trying to clean up my diet but I am finding it very hard and expensive. What does it actually mean to eat clean? How do you avoid processed food?

Replies

• JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Zumba instructor told me last night,..If it has a mother, a father, or it came from the earth, than it is good to eat!
    Try to stay away from as much processed food (IE: frozen dinner) as possible..I know it's difficult!...If you like yogurt, there is a great one called Chobani Greek Yogurt...usually about 14 grams of protein per 6oz cup, and it tastes amazing!! Almost like a dessert.
    Lots of fruits and veggies! It is amazing what you can do with them when it comes to cooking!....We are all here to support one another good luck, don't lose hope, you can do it!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Your meals should consist of lots of veggies, a lean protein source and a good carb.

That means preparing and cooking your own chicken, fish, ground turkey, etc. Steam, roast or grill a big pile of veggies. Add a good carb source: yams, quinoa, butter nut squash, red potatoes, etc. Easy! Nothing prepackaged!
  • jeebsah
    jeebsah Posts: 39
    Options
    I read that if you want to stick to a "clean" diet you want to limit you grocery shopping to the perimeter of the grocery store: produce section, fresh meats, milk, eggs, yogurt. And only go down the other aisles for beans and whole grains (like brown rice and oatmeal). I try to eat as clean as possible, however sometimes I just don't have the time to do so. I buy a lot of lean cuisines, I find that those help me keep better track of what I am eating and most of them have lower fat.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Eating clean means only eating real whole food. Look at the ingredient list of all foods. If it's not lean protein (meat, fish, eggs), grown in the ground, or quality dairy products then it's probably processed and loaded with bad stuff. Yes, it is more expensive to eat healthy, which is sad but worth it. We all make choices in life and learn to prioritize.