Bad day

Options
I am going through a lot of changes right now in life. Moving out of the place I have been living in by myself for 3 years and in with my boyfriend. First time living with a significant other, so big change. The contract with my current job is done the end of May and by the middle of this month I have to decide if I'm going to stay or move into the world of the unknown and look for something with better money. Trying to find all the furniture for the new place within a certain budget. Having to save up money otherwise for some work I need done on my teeth and other expenses like that.

All of that I was dealing with fine till I got an email from my best friend. Right now she is serving in the army and is in Afghanistan. We are an inseparable duo. We were together ALL the time when she was home. We were at the gym 3-4 times a week together, had movie date nights, cooked together, had weekends doing random traveling together ... It was like Thelma and Louise. It SUCKED when she got deployed in May. We deal with it pretty well. But some days are harder and some times in life are awful. She should be here, helping me look on CL for used furniture, packing boxes, forcing me to the gym when I'm too tired, laughing at all the dumb arguments my boyfriend and I have about toothpaste ... Today was the first time I cried about all the changes and all because my best friend cant be here to experience them with me.

I feel a binge of comfort food coming on. Haven't done it yet but I am an emotional eater and everything is crashing down on me today. I know it's not a good idea. I know I'll probably regret it later...

Just had to get this out into the world. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Everything will fall into place! Just keep your chin up!! We are here for you! :flowerforyou:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I can't say I relate to what you're going through....but don't give up or in.....you can do it...
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Deployments are hard. And like fedup said, we are absolutely here for you. You have to make yourself busy with all the stuff you need to do. Throw yourself into it and the time will go by faster. I promise...I've done this 7-8 time now.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't cheat... then you'll be depressed about your friend & b/c you screwed up. Show your friend how much she's taught you & how strong you are by working out... it WILL make you feel better... One of the ways i can get myself to work out is to think of how much better I'll feel when i'm done b/c i worked out when i didn't want to.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, get away from the food and let yourself really feel the emotions. Eating will stifle them, but facing them will allow you to accept them and move forward. Thoughts and love to you and your friend, but chin up, this too shall pass
  • slaos07
    slaos07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. Changes are hard but are often for the best. When she gets home you can show off your new body and new place. We're all here if you need someone to talk to. :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Keep you head up..I completely understand my life has taken me so many ways in the last yr that I turned to food as well. I lost 18 pds in 3 months and after I lost a 3 yr relationship I instantly got depressed. My friends become a few that eventually turned into none. I met someone but it wasn't the same and still battle with bitterness within myself. But one day I woke up and said no more. I am going to make Stephanie happy and no matter how hard things look or appear I am a survivor and God wants nothing but the best for me. The moral of the story is change is something that is going to a constant in life but knowing that you are a warrior and can tackle them is another. Keep you head up and continue to strive. You can do it!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah hang in there! You can do this.
    Skinny cow ice cream is a great comfort food for me. I can still eat ice cream, but its under 200 calories!
    And make something you love to eat, but don't eat too much, because it will just make you feel worse tomorrow. Keep thinking about summer and that hot new bathing suit.

http://www.eatingwell.com/
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, get away from the food and let yourself really feel the emotions. Eating will stifle them, but facing them will allow you to accept them and move forward. Thoughts and love to you and your friend, but chin up, this too shall pass

Great advice!

I"m sorry you are having a rough day, sounds pretty overwhelming! Hang in there!
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas ... I'm trying :)