Any 17 Day Dieters Out There?

Options
I see there are a bunch of threads on this topic but most are pretty old. Wanted to see if there was anyone currently doing the 17 Day Diet?

Replies

• jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    never heard of it
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet? Would be interested to read about it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I looked into it and was going to do it but decided against it. Ultimately, if you know how to eat healthy foods, you don't need it. I cut out refined sugar and lost 4 pounds in a week. The diet does have different phases but it's nothing you can't do on your own. Plus, the no carb phase isn't really good for you and it's very restrictive. I know some people who tried it and they said they were starving and exhausted for the first phase.

Just cut out processed foods and refined sugar, eat whole grains instead of refined carbs and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and some low fat dairy. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. You'll see good results.
  • agregory40489
    Options
    I have been doing it for about 3 1/2 weeks. I lost about 7 lbs in the first couple of weeks and after the first 5-7 days I had a lot of energy and felt really great...however, it has gotten a little old because it is pretty restrictive. I'm not following it to the T like I was at first but I am pretty much staying away from bad carbs and trying to stick with lean meat and veggies as much as i can. The first few days i felt like I was starving to death, but after that I could tell a huge difference in my appetite and cravings. I didn't crave carbs and sugar like I had before so that's definitely a plus!
  • ellen1980
    ellen1980 Posts: 23
    Options
    Here's some info on it:

www.17daydiet.com

There are also quite a few FB groups on it and it aired on The Doctor's & Dr Phil. Essentially it's a weight loss plan that focuses on carb cycling, it is restrictive but with each cycle comes new foods. There are 4 17 day cycles, the 4th being maintenance.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ellen, how'd you lose the 76lbs? You're doing great!
  • ellen1980
    ellen1980 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ellen, how'd you lose the 76lbs? You're doing great!

I weighed my highest the day I went in to deliver my son, so some (less then 20lbs) was attributed to having him!!! :)

The rest came off with MFP and a few weeks of WW thrown in here and there to switch things up. I find if I spend too much time doing the same thing I get stuck. So I either need to try out a new eating plan, really ramp up the exercise, cut back/out certain foods, etc. My body doesn't seem to do well once it gets use to something for too long - which can be discouraging.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    good for you. i like the switch up plan. : )