feeling so fat today!

Options
Uck why did i wear these pants today? They used to be huge on me but now they're very tight. Its so uncomfortable, I wish i didn't wear them but I didn't have anything else to wear. People keep looking at my belly b/c i know i have a pudge hanging over them. Its embarassing and i just want to crawl under my desk and hide! Gurrrrrrr! I won't make this mistake again. At least not until i lose 10 pounds. God i feel so FATTT!!!

Replies

• mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    dont be so hard on yourself. It shows you have already lost 75 LBs. if so dont berate yourself over today. just try on lots of clothes tonight and pick our your favorite for tomorrow.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. That will make today much better :)

Charmagne
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has been there! I feel your pain.....had a pair of pants on a couple weeks ago, damn they were tight. i put those bad boys away for a couple more weeks :-)

keep plugging, they will fit soon enough!

:bigsmile:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Hang them up when you get home and use them as motivation and make it your goal that the next time you try them on they will be too big!

I hung up a "maids babydoll outfit" one time, it took me bout 6 months but I was finally able to wear it!!!
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i have a pair of pants that i could not even button fit into in high school (4 years ago) i kept them because i was determined to fit into them one day. now i can wear them almost comfortably on good days. those are my inspiration jeans... one day they will be loose on me :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Had one of those days yesterday I was just so bloated.
    Ended up undoing my pants button, and giving myself some extra room with a doubled-over rubberband through the hole and over the button. Helped a lot.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself! I'M sure you're just being super critical about yourself. We as women always have those horrible days where we feel everything on us looks horrendous when in fact it's just in our heads. I'm sure you look fine and by the look of your meter you're down a whole lot and that needs to be celebrated. You're beautiful!
  • ErinFisher23
    Options
    You should be extremely proud of how far you have come on your goals! You have lost 75 pounds, you have come this far and you can keep on doing it! That being said, no one can feel positive or happy all the time...I certainly don't always feel chipper.

I hate having bad outfit/work days, it really does affects how you feel, act and think. Here is what I would suggest you could do about it depending on your level of "bummed out" after work: Either make some plans to go for a walk with a family member after work somewhere you haven't explored yet (downtown, a mall, to a park), try a new class at the gym, or be active by cleaning your house or something else productive. I suggest this because exercising boosts feel good chemicals in your brain and it will also help to do something to keep you moving towards your other goals besides focusing solely on weight loss.

Exercise combined with building relationships, developing other amazing skills and talents you have, or doing it to relieve stress will make you feel better than exercising and thinking the way you are thinking right now. I always give this advice whether someone is stressed, sad, heart broken, feeling crappy about themselves, etc. (You will feel better, I promise)

Also, I guarantee you people are not looking at your belly or judging you. If they are, they really are pretty big losers and who cares what losers think? I bet you they are looking at your pretty eyes and smile.

Keep it up girl!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    dont be so hard on yourself. It shows you have already lost 75 LBs. if so dont berate yourself over today. just try on lots of clothes tonight and pick our your favorite for tomorrow.
    Yes its true i've lost 75 pounds - its just that i HAD lost 103 lbs and just 6 months ago these pants were huge and wearing them is a constant reminder of my fail! Anyway - thanks for the encouragement and yes i'll defnitely wear something more flattering and comfortable tomorrow!!! :) I gotta get over the past and move forward!!!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Uck why did i wear these pants today? They used to be huge on me but now they're very tight. Its so uncomfortable, I wish i didn't wear them but I didn't have anything else to wear. People keep looking at my belly b/c i know i have a pudge hanging over them. Its embarassing and i just want to crawl under my desk and hide! Gurrrrrrr! I won't make this mistake again. At least not until i lose 10 pounds. God i feel so FATTT!!!

Happy to say - i'm 22 pounds down since i made this post - and those pants are LOOSE!!! THANKS MFP!!!! THANKS EVERYBODY for support and encouragement!!