SBF Sept 22

Options
Alright, I am back with a vengance! :angry: I need to start off strong and keep going so life doesn't side track me from my personal goals.

What is the end-date of this segment?
My goals:
1.) get back down to 145 ( I may have broken 140 at the pageant but didn't have a scale to weigh so not really sure, but was a steady 145 prior to)
2.) 2 water bottles per day (they're big)
3.) min of 30 min exercise 5x week

Proud of all who posted this weekend,
Arianne :wink:

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Alright, I am back with a vengance! :angry: I need to start off strong and keep going so life doesn't side track me from my personal goals.

What is the end-date of this segment?
    My goals:
    1.) get back down to 145 ( I may have broken 140 at the pageant but didn't have a scale to weigh so not really sure, but was a steady 145 prior to)
    2.) 2 water bottles per day (they're big)
    3.) min of 30 min exercise 5x week

Proud of all who posted this weekend,
    Arianne :wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    This one ends October 1 - so in a little over a week. (FYI, AD, I'm on vacation at home this week)

Yesterday I taught yoga, did the cybex machine, and went for a walk. Someone said something in yoga that really hurt me even though it was true. He said I was a carbon copy of my teacher. My teacher is the best, but it hurt me because it was like telling me I couldn't teach yoga, only copy someone's style. He's in a lot of yoga class at this gym.

Today we are going for a bike ride. It should be fun. Though my husband said he wanted his bike back to go riding with his friend (he has two bikes a commuter and dirt bike, I ride the dirt bike). That hurt too as we don't have the money to get another bike for me.

We also had a bad experience at a local restaurant. The food made us both a little ill - not food poisoning ill, but bad food ill. Won't be going back. Went to an old standby for dinner - had a good dinner and followed it with gelatto (I had peanut butter/nutella with chocolate/chocolate chip.

So, new day today and it's going to be a good one!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I ate mostly whatever I wanted, I didnt exercise and lost weight :noway: I decided to work this week to make some extra cash (since we are putting all of our money towards this house) and I need to find time to pack still and clean some more. Luckily my grandma (who is like the PERFECT house wife) is here to help! She literally is the perfect house wife.. but doesnt have a husband :huh: hahaha Anyways... I REALLY hope to stay with in my cals this week and find some time to exercise!

Oh yes! And thanks for all your support when I was down. I am feeling better now, but I realize I still need to loose weight, which sucks! haha But my new inspiration is JUST 20 MORE POUNDS and I will weigh the same as my husband hahaha
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Welcome back AD! Sorry you have had such a rough time of it lately. I sure hope things are settling down for you now.
    Mary, sorry you got sick! That stinks. I'm glad it wasn't too badly though. Maybe someone will bless you with a bike? That would be really cool!
    Carrie, I am getting jealous of you not working out or anything and still losing weight. :tongue: Not fair! But I'm glad for you that you are!

I did not eat well this weekend or get my water in. I will do better today!!!!

I did week 6 day 1 of push ups and it hurt really bad! lol I will probably be repeating this week again. I compromised my form again towards the end and just couldn't go down as far as I wanted to. I wonder if not drinking enough water this weekend could have caused me to not do as well. Hmmm. Probably. 130 push ups altogether. The last 40 were the toughest. I will finish though!!!
    The rest of the day is going to be more upper body and squats when I go pull weeds from the flower beds. Other than that I am going to do laundry, straighten up and play with my son and goof off!
    Have a good day!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Arianne! That gelato sounds yummy, Mary. Sorry about the hurt feelings in yoga. How long have you been teaching? I am sure you will develop your own style more in time, but what does it matter? As long as you are leading the class and helping people learn, who cares if you are similar to your teacher? And MM - you are totally kicking butt, girl! 130 pushups!?! That's awesome! :love:

I need to get back on track this week, too. Holy emotional eating, Batman! I don't think I really blew it too much (didn't log my calories over the weekend), but I know I was eating for no good reason. Here's the reason: I am terrified of working on my capstone project for my master's degree, and seem to be afraid of success as much as failure. I haven't been exercising as much because I think I need the time to be working on my project, but then I have just been procrastinating and not making any progress with that, either. And wasting time online and eating because I'm frustrated and feeling bad about myself! Arrrggh. This is exactly how I end up gaining weight, so I KNOW I have to find another way to deal with this problem. I just don't know what the answer is yet.

Today: pushups, aerobics class, and forcing myself to write at least a couple pages.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. . .today was supposed to be yoga, but I'm switching it with shred, and going to yoga tomorrow. My day was too long to face the outside world again. Also, I'm going to start my push ups today. So, shred level 2 and pushups.

Then, it's off to bed. (well, hopefully not immediately :tongue: )

Peanut butter nutella gelato? Do you think that would ship well? That sounds like frozen heaven.

cp, What I've found works for me in the "project" department (which I relate to, trust me) is to schedule an hour of work time. For that hour, sometimes I end up staring at the same sentence, or sometimes I'm really productive. Then, when that hour is over, I've done my time and I do something else. I set a timer, and when it goes off, I'm done. And, the other way to deal is working out, at least for me. . .but whenever deadlines ensue, I seem to eat more chips.

Welcome back Arianne. . .I'm sending magic bikes from unexpected sources vibes your way, Mary. . .and MM. . .I'm still in the "first forty are the toughest phase. . .Carrie, send your grandma over here! I'll pay! I need a housewife!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    Options
    Hi ladies. No exercise for me today. My allergies are SOO bad I can barely breath. Gonna try early bedtime tonight & get back at it tomorrow...Nite all:yawn:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hmm not sure if I still qualify for this day, but for me it is Tuesday and I need to remind myself of my goals today! Did day one of Week 4 of pushups yesterday- 120 total! That was tough, the last set was minimum 32 and I thought I would cry. But I did it, yay!

Today:

- going out for celebration dinner with the basketball team, so make good (and economic) choices at dinner
    - work in a shred or two before dinner, and walk to the restaurant too

Have a good day (night?) ladies!!
    xx
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yea! I exercised! We're just going to pretend that noone asked how I did on my calories today... one step at a time right?!?!?! :laugh: Yeah, pretty much ate everything in front of me on a buffett lunch. Not good :noway:

Anyways, I posted my latest bikini pic and a pic from after the pageant if anyone wants to see. Thanks for all the help on colors & styles and such over the months.

Mary- maybe ask him what he thinks you could improve, maybe he keeps coming to you & your teacher because you're so good?:flowerforyou: Also, check www.craigslist.com for a bike. Amazing stuff on there!

CP- in aggreance with viva, set little time goals and then see wher you go. That's the only way, after 4 years of research, I could finish my thesis. Been there, understand completely!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome back... I knew you guys were awesome! :drinker: