Challenge for new and old!

Options
wuzzi
wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
Hello to all my fitness pals. :)
A friend of mine, screen name midgekin, and myself came up with our own little weightloss challenge and would like to invite anyone who wants to join. We are setting up little goals for ourselves so that one giant number doesn't frighten us into eating a box of cookies.

We weighed ourselves on Friday the 11th and our check-in day is Friday the 25th.
In two weeks out goal is to lose 5 lbs. Nothing fancy, just 5 lbs.
If we reach our goal we get to treat ourselves to a pedicure and at-home facial.

I am personally working on treating myself to things that are not centered around food. Food was always a reward for me when I was little...good job on the test, let's go out for ice cream. So, I now need to reward myself with a new pair of walking shoes or a brand new pair of earings. I've gotta switch my whole way of thinking. Let's inspire eachother and help us reach our goals!

Replies

• wuzzi
    Options
    Hello to all my fitness pals. :)
    A friend of mine, screen name midgekin, and myself came up with our own little weightloss challenge and would like to invite anyone who wants to join. We are setting up little goals for ourselves so that one giant number doesn't frighten us into eating a box of cookies.

We weighed ourselves on Friday the 11th and our check-in day is Friday the 25th.
    In two weeks out goal is to lose 5 lbs. Nothing fancy, just 5 lbs.
    If we reach our goal we get to treat ourselves to a pedicure and at-home facial.

I am personally working on treating myself to things that are not centered around food. Food was always a reward for me when I was little...good job on the test, let's go out for ice cream. So, I now need to reward myself with a new pair of walking shoes or a brand new pair of earings. I've gotta switch my whole way of thinking. Let's inspire eachother and help us reach our goals!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It sounds fun girls...enjoy yourselves while achieving your goals.

I won't be able to join you...I'm 50 now and the weight comes off slower...I'm only able to loose a lb or 2 a week.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • wuzzi
    Options
    Sweet! We can do it. I will be posting the results on the 25th so please let us know how you're doing. Good luck, Sistah!
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Options
    I am in.. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 138.. so My goal by the 25th would be 134, 4 lbs is good in ten days I guess
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    YAY! Hi! I'm so happy to see everyone on board!! We can all do this!! A few fun ideas that we did:

-Make your own workout clothes that have your fav sayings and/or goals.
    -Get a pal you can weigh in with and make the rules that you BOTH have to lose the weight in order to get the treat. Its a whole knew type of motivation cause you don't want to let your friend down!
    -Think small and before you know it you'll lose big!!

And yes its awesome that you come up with your own goal, everyone and everyBODY is different so set the goal for something that you know is accomlishable and fight to make it!! Hope to hear all of your progress!!
  • Preciousabcz
    Options
    Hello ladies I am in. I have the weight to lose 5lbs it is.
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Excellent challenges ladies, I am rewarding myself with a trip to L.V. for the super bowl. Actually I go each year same time for the big game. It's a must win situation, as 1 week later I boogie down to cabo for 6 weeks of glorious fun. My reward there - spring break - and lots of friendly locals. :bigsmile:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    LOL rockymtnguy sounds like fun!! But if you already have the trip planned then you should think of something that you can do in LV as your treat like an extra shot at the bar or a round of golf if thats your thing!! good luck everyone!!!