I want to know your tricks for losing weight! :)

Options
Hello everyone!

I exercice twice a day for 2h do mostly cardio but include also streight training. I love variation and I always sweat when working out. I've been calculating my calories on Weight Watchers since January, but switched on MFP not too long ago. Generally, I don't really go over my 1,200 cal/day and I eat my calories lost through exercice. However I gained 1 pound since January, didn't lose nothing!!!! I honestly have to lose since my BMI is at 28.

Am I the only one who encoutered that type of problems? Even if you don't necessarily eat crap everyday?

P.S. I did the HCG test and nothing came back to me...

If you would like to share your tricks for losing weight go ahead, we're listening :)

Thank you

Replies

• guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    I talk about this in my blog entry:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/guardup/view/cutting-weight-63702

Hope this helps!
  • dinahmite425
    Options
    YOUR NOT eating enough! 1200 cal and 2 hours of woring out means your only intaking around 400 cals a day your in starvation mode increase your cal to about 1300-1400 and you will see that you will start to drop
  • alison11702
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are eating enough. You need to eat the 1200 calories plus the calories you are burning. If you don't your body goes into starvation mode and you will not loose anything! Also, up your protein intake, (try protein powder shakes with no soy in them, mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and lower your carb intake. See if that helps!
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    Her post says that she is eating her exercise calories... so she is likely eating more than 1200 calories. So I don't think that "starvation" is the issue here.
  • artsysk8erchic
    Options
    You could simply be losing fat but gaining muscle, which may cause you to gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat. In your case maybe you should measure yourself and use that to see your progress. Then you can see the results of all of your hard work as the inches go down!

Just don't get hung up on the scale. That's not the only thing you have to keep track of your progress. :)
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Here's how I lost 40 lbs last year...

1) King, prince, pauper rule! Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper at dinnertime. Specifically, eat the bulk of your calories at a time when you have time to burn them off.

2) Cut your carbs to about 60 - 75 grams of carb a day. Eat these carbs early in the day and count them carefully. For instance, fruit should be eaten with your morning meal, when your body has time to metabolize the sugars and burn those off. No carbs after 4:00 PM. Which carbs should you cut? Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cakes, etc...

3) Take your weight and multiply by 10. That should be the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. To lose, knock 100-200 calories off the number.

4) Pick a day, once per week and eat whatever you want. It resets your metabolism! Get right back on the program the next day.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Her post says that she is eating her exercise calories... so she is likely eating more than 1200 calories. So I don't think that "starvation" is the issue here.

I do. With a BMI of 28(and nothing medical to cause it) I'm betting her minimum calories should be higher than 1200 NET. She should try this calculator use 5 days per week exercise and see what it spits out.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

3) Take your weight and multiply by 10. That should be the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. To lose, knock 100-200 calories off the number.
    10 is to lose weight. 12 is maintenance and it only applies to sedentary lifestyle.

FOR WOMEN:

● Sedentary: Weight times 12

● Light activities: Weight times 13

● Moderate Activities: Weight times 14

● Moderate to Heavy Activities: Weight times 15

●Heavy Activities: Weight times 16

EXAMPLE: Sedentary: A women weighing 130 lbs…..130 X 12 = 1560 Calories Daily To Maintain this Weight:

FOR MEN:

Sedentary: Weight times 13

Light Activities: Weight times 14

Moderate Activities: Weight times 15.25

Moderate to Heavy Activities: Weight times 16.5

Heavy Activities: Weight times 18

EXAMPLE: Moderate Activities: A man weighing 190 lbs…190 X 15.25 = 2897.50 Calories Daily To Maintain this Weight.
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    Great! Thank i'll try and see it I can apply your suggestions. There's a lot i'm already doing, but there might be just one thing that makes me stay where I'm at instead of losing the weight!
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    @pyro13g

From the Calorie Calculator link you gave me, this is what I have :

Maintenance: 2318 Calories/day
    Fat Loss: 1854 Calories/day
    Extreme Fat Loss: 1440 Calories/day

So i should probably try to eat not more that 1700 cal a day, which would make more sense...