Who Knew?

Options
I am a mother of a 16, 5, and 3 year old. I have gained 48 pounds in 5 years and I am worried that I will never get back to where I was. I hope with being able to track on a daily basis maybe I will be able to lose some. Now I see that my coffee with cream and sugar may be what is keeping me at this weight.

Replies

• guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of a 16, 5, and 3 year old. I have gained 48 pounds in 5 years and I am worried that I will never get back to where I was. I hope with being able to track on a daily basis maybe I will be able to lose some. Now I see that my coffee with cream and sugar may be what is keeping me at this weight.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever you put your mind to. I have found that keeping a daily log as really helped. That way you know what you are taking in and what you could cut if needed. I personally count calories. I have also started eating on a smaller plate. That really seems to help also. Its weird how your mind tricks you. If that small plate is full and when you are done eating it you feel full. I have also learned to STOP cleaning my kids plates. I have a garbage disposal for a reason. Good luck
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh gunther-- don't give up hope-- I'm 44 with 9 kids. I was in the same boat as you this June. I thought I was destined to live with my extra pounds. Then I saw The Today Show sitting in the waiting room of my son's doctor on my birthday.

Their "Joy Fit Club" profiles people who've lost more than 100 pounds. When this woman came out, looking great, showing her before pictures and how she'd lost 150 pounds by just tried and true calorie counting and exercise, I vowed to make changes. If she can lose 150, I can lose 50.

And so can you-- I've lost 22 since then,and have set a goal of 55 by my next birthday in June.

Make this your homepage on your computer so it's always there in front of you. You can't forget to log your food, and that is SO helpful.

You can do this-- !!! :flowerforyou:
  • gmpearse
    Options
    Hey, glad you found the site. Since the 9th I have lost 4lbs with just calorie counting. You can do this, I know you can. Lets find not the "old me" but the "better, hotter, thinner, oh and healthier me."
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Welcome. You'll find success and a lot of support here.

I have to tell you, I initally misread your opening line to be "I am the mother of 16"! Yikes, how do you have time to go online. LOL
  • lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I misread also, I thought it said mother of 16 for a second there
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    welcome! :) we're glad to have you -- you can do anything you put your mind to!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

OHHHH you can SO MAKE IT HON!! :drinker: Take a look at my profile and see what I've lost in a year and if I can do it, ohhh you so can too!!

:flowerforyou: So welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: ...great folks, very helpful, funny, inspiring, soooooo motivating, we talk microwave popcorn to just about anything helpful on here and lots of humor to get us through the tough spots.

Hang in there...I won't lie...it isn't easy making lifelong changes at first...but once you get a few days under your belt....you'll feel stronger and more confident in what you can do.

Please feel free to always ask questions or post anytime you'd like....always someone up to chat with it seems....we're all from different areas/Countries so all on different time zones. :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

One last note...you mentioning the coffee/cream/sugar comment....awareness is the first step toward change and is so eye opening....so you have come so far already....joining MFP and realizing you might need to cut back a bit....baby steps Hon...baby steps... :flowerforyou:

Big Welcoming hugs to you:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :laugh: ya made me giggle.. I needed that..thank you!!:flowerforyou:

Welcome. You'll find success and a lot of support here.

I have to tell you, I initally misread your opening line to be "I am the mother of 16"! Yikes, how do you have time to go online. LOL
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I misread also, I thought it said mother of 16 for a second there

wow then, this should make it simplier now with only 3! :tongue:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the better, hotter, thinner, oh and healthier me. And when I get there, I will never shoot dirty looks at a man for catcalls again.