still hungry!

Options
Hello,

It's my first proper week of dieting and this evening is the first day I still feel hungry but I've eaten all my calories for the day. What can I do instead of eating food? I have exercised for the past 3 nights so feel like I need a night off so anything other than exercise so I can eat more would be great!

Thanks

Replies

• HannahPastoor
    Options
    Eat some nuts or some veggies. They should keep you full enough since you are almost going to bed. If you go over a little, thats ok. Just try to plan better tomorrow. I KEPT going over the first few days. Now I have problems getting to the calorie goal. Do you have it set at losing 2 pounds a week? If so, you should change it to one. Normal people should have about 1500 calories a day...But that depends on alot of things : )

EDIT - Looks like you have it set at 1200. I would change it to 1500 a day : )
  • kirra_80
    kirra_80 Posts: 36
    Options
    I chew on gum or drink tea
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    walk? can you go out for a nice walk. it won't be hard core cal burn, but better than nothing.

eat fibre - it fills you up. and try some healthy fats...avacado etc. but be careful not to eat too much.

lots of lean protein, some healthy carbs and veggies.

water works wonders too.

guzzle it.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    first week is the worst...homemade trail mix and walk and water...you got this!!!
  • penguinbop
    Options
    I have it set to loosing 2lbs a week so 1200 calories. First few days were fine when I was exercising and I'd finish the day with about 250 calories left over. But tonights the first "hungry" night. Think I may just have tea as then I can go to sleep and have breakfast tomorrow :D

I think drinking water is something I don't do enough of... tomorrow my goal is to drink more!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    drink some water...some sugar free jello...or some broccoli or cauliflower (very low in calories and filling)

4692665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    try drinking a big glass before each meal. it will help fill you up

lots of veggies! green leafy ones, not many cal's and will help.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary the first thing that jumps out is the amount of water you're drinking. You must drink a minimum of 64oz. every day. I aim for at least 11 glasses (88oz.) every day. Unless you're doing some serious weight-lifting there is no reason to take a day off from exercise. If you want to eat more and still remain within your net calorie limit then you have to burn it off by excercising. If not, then steam a big plate of fresh vegetables. Low in calories and they contain fiber which will help you feel full. Good luck.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I hugely agree with water. Drink a glass before and after each meal.

Tea helps a ton too.
    And wait.
    Think to yourself "boy, I'm still hungry. I have no calories left."
    Then just keep thinking "I have no calories left" while absent-mindedly drinking water.

Before you know it you realize its not worth it