No Such Thing as Cheating

Options

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    preach it sister!!!

i completely agree with u...i eat what i want! but then again i dont agree with most of these ppl on here who say they completely took fast food out of their diet and wont eat anything bad...im like- uh im human and the only way im staying on this diet/ life=style change is if i can have a little bit of everything...i dont deprive myself of anything i just pay a lot more attention to how much of it i eat and how often...and it has worked well ever since i started...

like was said earlier- i think if u dont allow urself to eat at least a little bit of something you love- ur gonna hate weight loss and hate urself and just not be happy...so if i want a big slice of 500 calorie pizza thats full of fat- IM GONNA DO IT!!!! i just wont do it often...and thats what makes me happy...i suppose thats all that matters is that what u are doing makes u happy! and helps u lose the weight in the amount of time u want to

great topic/ post!
  • eyt2003
    eyt2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Girl you tell them, I believe you do what is best for your lifestyle and your diet. I feel that same way I tried to follow everybody else's diet instead of making it my own and I would always fall off the wagon, but now that I am doing it my way I am doing well because every now and then I will have a gulity pleasure. I agree with you send me all the supportive messages but don't bash me for doing my diet MY WAY. We are on MFP for support, none of us are fitness gurus, SMEs, etc.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Go Sam!
    I had those kind of comments too when I put up a post about healthy(er) fast food options. I had people go all preacher on me about how they haven't ate fast food in years and that it was bad for me and bad for my health and all sorts of random stuff on how they were better than me. Yeah. Whatever. I'm happy and I've lost a lot of weight so far. So I'll do what I want, and what makes sense for me!
  • aschultz9
    aschultz9 Posts: 89
    Options
    I eat what I want to..the only person I'm "cheating" at the end of the day is me if my choices are bad. I'm over on calories every single day because I would starve if I only ate the calories MFP gives me. (I've tried, and I'm WAY too hungry). I've lost 13 pounds in about 8 weeks. Enjoy your pizza!!:smile:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I agree, treats are a good thing from time to time if you dont allow yourself a little treat I find you can go wildly off your diet because your body starts to crave the things you are fighting against eating. My husband brings home cakes from work once every week and a half - 2 weeks and I used to have a slice or a whole muffin/cupcake instead now I just have a couple of bites and my craving has gone - I physically couldnt eat more than that otherwise Id start feeling sick!!

Enjoy your pizza :)
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Exactly!!!

What would be the point of going through life without eating a bit of pizza of cake every now and then??

Moderation is the key.

Enjoy that pizza!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. That's exactly how I am doing this. I'm not going to ever say I'll never eat this food or that food again. That would be setting myself up for failure. I will eat better, healthier foods every day. I will drink my water. I will continue to exercise. But, if I want to take my grandkids for pizza or have a slice of their birthday cake, I'm going to do it. Not every day, and I'll try to "budget' for it whenever possible. Life isn't about deprivation, it's about celebration!
  • Aitenev
    Aitenev Posts: 62
    Options
    What a healthy, balanced attitude! I completely agree with you. This is a lifestyle and it's not realistic to think that I can completely do without all the "bad" stuff for the rest of my life. It's a matter of balance and moderation. Good for you!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree with you! I eat healthy most of the time and will allow myself to eat unhealthy but yummy things sometimes. If I didn't do that, I would never be able to stick with this. So far it's working for me! Enjoy your pizza!! :smile:
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that there is anything wrong with having some pizza...me and my family have schwan's pizza almost every friday...it doesn't send me over my calorie goal and it is really good and i still lose weight every week....Keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about what others want to criticize about...do this for you...not for them!!! GOOD LUCK and enjoy your pizza!!!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I don't believe in "cheating" or "not cheating". Deprivation isn't part of my plan, balance is. I had someone message me, unsolicited, about my frequent evening wine in my diary. I have since locked it down and unfriended said person. I realize people are mostly trying to be helpful but unless someone specifically asks for advice or guidance, I don't think comments are warranted. Just my 2 cents! :bigsmile:
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you!! Great mindset!
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can tell you Ive had a rough couple of days and for some reason I can not get enough to eat of Snickers Mini's. I am allergic to chocolate (minor allergy) and normally it will take me FOREVER to eat anything chocolate. But all of a sudden Im addicted. Instead of making myself miserable and fighting myself I had a few, well more than a few. I know I shouldnt have but as many have said. I watch what I eat 99% of the time. The best thing you can do is..... do what you think is best for you, that suits you. Everyone is different and handles things differently.

(FYI its a conspiracy. To the right of this box I am typing in there is an add for a $10 pizza)
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will give a h--- yes on that one! Its your life, your choices, and if you start thinking you can't , if you are like me I will and then I go overboard. so enjoy the pizza.

Your are very correct ...Life is too short not to enjoy!!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    one of the most level-headed, realistic posts I have read in a while, congrats to you!

Edited to add . . . I will eat cake with my kids on their birthdays, I will celebrate weddings in style, I will do it all controlled and enjoy all the happiness of life while on this journey!
  • pink_gerbera
    pink_gerbera Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. A treat every now and then is definately the best way to keep on track.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Seriously, your MFP pals actually told you you were only “ALLOWED” to eat one piece of pizza? WTF? There is no way I would keep someone on my team who posted that about something I was going to eat. Just because pizza would not be their choice, they think that have the right to dictate what your choices should be? I’m floored by this.

But, I believe strongly that there is no such thing as a forbidden or off-limit food. There is only what we choose to eat and not choose to eat at any given meal. We are only accountable to ourselves for each and every choice. And unless you actually asked whether you should eat pizza, I do not understand why any so-called-friend, felt the need to say anything other than, “Enjoy it."
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well said. In my opinion it's just not realistic, for me anyway, to never drink again, never eat a take away, never eat cake. It's not about depriving ourselves, it's about learning how to balance the 'good' foods with the 'bad' foods.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I agree! It's all about portion control..If you sat down and ate an entire supreme pizza, well that's one thing. But a couple of slices every once in a while is no biggie..I don't deprive myself either...I just discipline myself on the amount I eat..
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...I go completely off all the time. I've been doing this for a little over a month and have probably gone majorly off on about 6 days (not consecutive) and I've still lost 15 lbs in the process.