Help please!

Options
I have no motivation! What do you guys do to keep you on your toes?
I try so hard to keep diet and exercise in check but I swear I am addicted to food: the taste, smell, and even texture. How do you overcome your cravings?!
How do you get up the motivation to exercise as well?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes in waves...
    On my low days, I keep going with the memory of how it felt to be flabby. Focus on short-term goals. Make a list of things you like about yourself and can keep/improve on with exercise and healthy eating.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    think about something that you would like to get yourself but you can only have it if you lose the weight like a new bathing suit or a hot new wardrobe...it works for me...
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Move the scale to your kitchen....I put mine right by the pantry where the yummy stuff is. That way, all I have to do is step on it to remind myself of my goals.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Move the scale to your kitchen....I put mine right by the pantry where the yummy stuff is. That way, all I have to do is step on it to remind myself of my goals.

great idea!
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    for the food, i always look up the calories and facts about it before i eat it.

and for working out, i try to make it fun, listen to music, and change things up about every 3 to 4 weeks. doing the same thing every day gets old.
  • crazymama2two
    Options

LOOOOVEEE this idea.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    also you could put up a picture on the fridge of you when you were at your "happy weight"
  • smarshall88
    Options

Ah! Thats genius!

You all have great ideas!
  • Spinmedry
    Spinmedry Posts: 15
    Options
    The cravings will subside eventually if you don't give in to them. Hard I know, but YOU CAN DO ITt! I remind myself that the candy bar will only taste good for a few minutes, but feeling good about my weight and appearance will bring long-lasting satisfaction!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    or tape a pic of yourself on the fridge. and/or write your goals and place them somewhere you can read daily.
  • DBellino
    DBellino Posts: 4
    Options
    Short term goals can be even to get through a meal without overeating or eating something you'd be better off without. I make "rules" for myself. And I have to follow the rules. Like to excersise at least 20 minutes per day. Or to not buy a cookie for lunch.
    Also try not to deprive yourself too much. For instance, you can have pizza. But only eat one piece rather than two. Cut a cheeseburger in two and put the other half away right away. Only eat half. Make it a rule.
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I give my self a small reward every 10 lbs like a hair cut or a movie new shoes smething like that and then at 30lbs I am going to give my self a whole day at the spa and the thought of seeing my husbands face when he sees me for the 1st time in 7 months
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Awesome idea!!

But to be honest, I haven't had any motivation at all since I started this (over a month now). I mean ZERO. I'm with you -- I just want to eat all the bad food because it tastes good lol... but I only cheated once. I'm just kinda doin it. I guess I put the thought in my head that this is just how it HAS to be whether I like it or not, and that if I end up having or wanting to splurge a couple times a month (for example, my boyfriend's Graduation is coming up and I am making cupcakes) then the next day I've gotta go back to it. Kinda like a job lol.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I give my self a small reward every 10 lbs like a hair cut or a movie new shoes smething like that and then at 30lbs I am going to give my self a whole day at the spa and the thought of seeing my husbands face when he sees me for the 1st time in 7 months

I have that too. Except I made my first goal 20 lbs just so I would have to get it started, but I firmly believe in this idea. It's a great idea!
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My health magazines suggest you try to slow down when you eat and savor each bite. Also, if you make it a habit to only put in front of you the right-sized amount for your body type, you're less likely to over eat.

The secret to exercise is find the ones you enjoy and set a date with yourself. Don't push yourself too hard. Exercise should be challenging but not overly difficult. If you can feel the work but are still having fun, then you are working at the right level. Good luck!