Hoping for a better me!

Options
Hi everyone! I just joined and am really looking forward to what this site has to offer! I've been overweight for too long, way too long - it's time to start taking care of myself so I can begin to feel better about myself. I have about 50 pounds to lose, which sounds almost impossible at times, but seeing some of the success stories I do know it is possible.

I'm looking forward to the journey!

Replies

• Okmoose
    Okmoose Posts: 10
    Options
    daboysmom, 50 pounds is far from unattainable. I too have gotten in very poor health over the years. I started a regiment on 7-10-10 and have lost 76 pounds and counting, I still have a long way to go but it can be done.
  • Yolandaweightloss
    Yolandaweightloss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it's gonna be hard, but if you give it 100% you will get 100% back... I use to be 240 pounds, & I had got down to 140 pounds in 1 year, how? I just gave it all I had..all by working out & keeping up with my calories.. I am also a mother of 7 children..yes I had them all :-D 13,9,7,6,5,4,2 years old, I did get very sick & had to have surgery & I got back to 184 pounds, but as soon as I could go back to the gym & get back on track, now I am at 166 pounds.. I hope my story helps you.. you can do, no matter how many times we fall off, just get back on it, we only have one life...
  • daboysmom
    Options
    Wow, how inspiring! Thanks for the reply and GREAT JOB!!!