I just dont get it!

Options
I am trying to get a better understanding of the calories, exercise calories and net calories. I will be the 1st to admit I don't eat the best (working on it) but I eat until I am full and I am always under calories, sometimes way under calories. Every night when I finish my journal it says that I may not be eating enough calories. I work out for about an hour each day sometimes more and I think it is those calories that I earn that make it seem like I am not eating enough. I don't know what I should do to consume the extra calories or should I even worry about those calories?

Replies

• catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get a better understanding of the calories, exercise calories and net calories. I will be the 1st to admit I don't eat the best (working on it) but I eat until I am full and I am always under calories, sometimes way under calories. Every night when I finish my journal it says that I may not be eating enough calories. I work out for about an hour each day sometimes more and I think it is those calories that I earn that make it seem like I am not eating enough. I don't know what I should do to consume the extra calories or should I even worry about those calories?

good question, I've been wondering the same thing.
    I work out and then see the extra calories and help myself. I wonder if I'm just hurting myself...?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You'll quickly plateau if you don't eat your exercise calories on a regular basis. Read the info in the links below for clarification. They really help to explain everything. When I first started I wasn't eating my calories and plateaued quickly, as my body thought it was starving. I decided to test out this crazy idea of eating back my exercise calories and, low and behold, I started dropping weight consistently and regularly. It works! Good luck to you!
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    You should be eating your net calories if you've used MFP calculator to calculate how many calories you should be consuming based on your weight lose goals. If your not eating them and your net is below 1200/cals a day. You could be sending your body into " Starvation" mode where its trying to conserve everything your eating which translates into no weight lose-

With that said everybody is different, you have to find the balance for your body-- As a guideline, women should not be consuming less than 1200/ a day- thats just for regular bodily function (Ex. breathing, moving, digestion, etc-- )
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    MY REPLY.............READ THOSE LINKS!