What's Your Favorite Sandwich Recipe?

Options
kookla33
kookla33 Posts: 234
Please share your favorite sandwich recipe! I am getting tired of peanut butter and jelly, and would love to hear your low-cal but flavor packed ideas!

Replies

• amaymorrison
    Options
    I just finished eating my lunch of open faced chicken burger. 1 Slice of 12 grain bread, a lean chicken patty, topped with a tomato and pickles. Very Satisfying and Yummy!
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    I had roast beef sammy with a 100 cal bread. and SPICEY MUSTARD!! yumm
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    ezekiel bread w/ turkey, arugula, chinese fried red onions(found in canisters at your local asian market, only 10calories) and cranberry mustard!!! flippin YUM!!!
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    TUNA!!!! I mix 1 can Tuna with 1 Hard boiled egg, fat free may and some mustard.....it's good to me!!! Tuna keeps me full longer to!
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    Try cinnamon raisin bread toasted and spread with cream cheese. Then add sliced pears and alfalfa sprouts. I know it sounds crazy, but it is so good!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I like mine stuffed full of salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, peppers, onion...) and a slice of cheese
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    I love Tuna!!! Substitute mustard for mayo to reduce the calories or use low fat mayo.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I also love cream cheese & pepperoni ( I prefer the full-fat versions, but I know you cn get low fat of both which would be lower in calories)
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal bread, with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, with a dash of black pepper. So tasty.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    i like to do whole wheat bread, dijon mustard, lean turkey, 1 oz goat cheese, arugula, tomato - all warmed in a panini press which makes the goat cheese warm and a bit more meltey

Soooo good!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Anything I can make into a wrap, lol.

Usually get low carb, low fat, low cal flat bread (like Flatout Flatbread) and add some shredded lettuce (very very low in calories), some shredded cheese or light cheese spread. Then I add some lean mean like chicken or turkey. I dont eat mayo, mustard, relish-- so I have a no-cal buffalo sauce I use or sometimes a little light dressing. Usually hits the spot for me and fills me up!
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    I do the open face sandwich too!!! 1 slice rye bread, 50 grams avacado, 2 chicken tenders (about 4.5 oz) ... you get your carbs, protein & healthy fat! nom nom nom nom
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread, turkey slices, spicy mustard and couple of slices of avocado. Yum!
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Toast with a thick slice of beefsteak tomato and a little mayo and nothing else.
  • MotherofDREAMS
    Options
    ezekiel bread w/ turkey, arugula, chinese fried red onions(found in canisters at your local asian market, only 10calories) and cranberry mustard!!! flippin YUM!!!

This one Sounds too yummy!
    The Cranberry Mustard has me very intrigued. Gonna have to try it!
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thomas slim bagel, light mayo, lettuce, cucumber and sweetcorn. toasted or just like that. yummy and well under 200 calories! you could add chicken or ham, which would bring it to around 200 :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Two slices of firm tofu (about 25g) fried in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, flavoured with a teaspoon of soy sauce (tastes like bacon!), half a cup of baby spinach leaves, and half a tomato. I normally make two of these and call it lunch.:D
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Morning Star Chik'n Patty (there used be a parmesan one but I haven't seen it in forever), a little Prego, a little reduced fat mozzarella... Tonight I put it on a 100% whole what Nature's Own sandwich roll (which is the size of a hamburger bun).

Copied from my diary:
    Nature's Own - 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls, 1 roll 130
    Morning Star - Chik Patties Original, 1 patty (71g) 140
    Prego - Spaghetti Sauce - Roasted Garlic and Herb, 1/5 cup 28
    Kraft - Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 0.15 cup 27
    Total 325
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    I tend to eat a sandwich for my evening snack and usually I am lacking in overall fats by the end of the day so i make a peanut butter sliced sliced bananas toasted on the sandwich griller or sometimes a peanut butter with sliced raw almonds sandwich. I use vita bee bread.