Chicken Breast Recipe Ideas Needed!

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
Hey Guys!

I need a little advice!

I got my mom to use MFP and she's really trying but today she's kind of close to her fat intake for the day. I have chicken breasts that I pre-sliced and froze and they have been defrosting. I need a recipe that she'll be able to eat for dinner that isn't too calorie or fat heavy but is filled with flavor?

Any ideas? Nothing to complicated either as I have school tonight so I'd prefer to just pop it in the crock pot or oven. That way when my mom gets home she can have dinner.

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just spread some pasta sauce on them and sprinkle a bit of cheese and have chicken breast parm. Add a veggie and you've got a meal.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Brown and then add balsamic vinagrette and let the vinagrette start to carmalize then serve with rice and veggies or just veggies. You can do this with pretty much any salad dressing for teryaki sauce.
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    slice up, dip in milk, dip in bread crumbs, cook in oven until cooked through. have a salad on the side!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just had this yesterday and it was SO GOOD!

Roll the whole chicken breasts in taco seasoning... really give it a good coat. Scoop two tablespoons of salsa on top of each breast (salsa = only 10 calories for 2 tablespoons!). Put it in the oven and cook thoroughly! YUM!

For sides I sliced up green and red bell peppers, put them in a ziplock microwave steamer bag with the remaining taco seasoning, and nuked for 3 minutes. Next to nothing calories there! Also, some Uncle Ben's Spanish Ready Rice.

2 oz chicken breast + 2/3 cup veggies + 1/3 cup rice = less than 300 calories! It is so filling, too!
    Now I'm drooling.... excuse me!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night with boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of pork and I've also tried it with other types of jellies and flavor combinations.. it sounds like a weird combo of ingredients but it was very good, very easy and very quick. Also easy to customize to your particular tastes and preferences.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-with-Jalapeno-Jelly/Detail.aspx
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    pop the frozen chicken in the crock pot and pour a container of salsa on top and cook for several hours. If the chicken if thawed, pierce the pieces a few times to allow the flavor to really seep in. I've had that and it's tasty. That's my suggestion.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    pop the frozen chicken in the crock pot and pour a container of salsa on top and cook for several hours. If the chicken if thawed, pierce the pieces a few times to allow the flavor to really seep in. I've had that and it's tasty. That's my suggestion.

i just made similar. chix breasts, then big can of diced tomatoes, and some tomato sauce. turn on slow cooker (low) and done in a couple hours - and very tender and tastey. y ouc an also toss in some rice to make it more of a meal. and/or green beans.

happy cooking
  • lindafitpal1945
    Options
    I like to brown them on each side, then add some salsa, dijon mustard, and lemon juice in a bowl, mix it well and then put it on the top of the chicken, put a little bit of water in the bottom of the skillet to make some steam. Cover it with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until done.
  • eeeekie
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas!!

I think I might do the salsa in the crockpot idea!

Thanks you all! everything sounds so delicious...mouth is watering! haha
  • hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    buy all sorts of spices, garlic, soy sauce, chilli etc. mix with a load of veg and have with a wholemeal pitta bread. delicious!
  • elise115byjune
    Options
    I just saw something on the eat clean website and it was for Chicken Cordon Blu. Roll up a piece of low sodium sliced ham which are typically low in fat, a little bit of cheese, and spinach. amazing!
  • eeeekie
    Options
    Never mind, I take that back! We don't have salsa, which we always have! ugh.

Ill try something else, thanks guys