Jealousy

Options
ARRRRR!! I get so jealous when I hear of other people losing weight. Not that I am not it just makes me mad...but not with all people just with certain people. These particular people im talking about - gain and lose constantly and eat horribly then go on a "diet" for a few months then gain again and it sjust a cycle. so It makes me so mad when they lose because I kind of feel like they dont deserve it. I am making a conscious effort here and they dont know what they are doing. Sorry I just needed to vent. It really makes me mad that I am like this. ahhhh

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If they can't sustain the loss, why does it make you upset? Unless you worry for their health, I can't see the upset in someone else losing the same x number of pounds and then gaining it back over and over and over again.

You need to be in this for YOU and YOU only. It's not a race, it's not a competition and it's not an exercise of comparing yourself against others.
  • stephiew10
    stephiew10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling. it sucks. i've lost 4 pounds and it feels like it about killed me to get there. good luck
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    AAAHHH Banana Grasshoppa: They keep having to crash diet because they are not making life style changes. You will feel great to know that once you lose the weight you want, you will keep it off. No more having to torture your self every other month. Plus when you take care of your body, you feel so much better. When they abuse your body with that food, they feel like crap, then crash dieting makes you feel like crap. Even though it doesn't seem like it, you are actually coming out on top...Just be patient.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I totally agree :)

I work out (intense workouts not walks or low intensity) 6 times a week & besides a cheat meal here & there eat very healthy. I lose weight like a SNAILLLLLL but as as one of my friends who eats awful starts working out like 3 times a week their pounds shed like no one else. IT sucks bad but we all have different metabolisms!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you are building a fat burning machine that is going to last the rest of your life, they are building muscle burning machines that will leave them flabby and lifeless, you will spend your last days any old way you want to, they will spend theirs being abused by the staff - these thoughts always soothe my savage beast - then I return to my peaceful loving self :)
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I dont know why I get like this. It drives me nuts. I KNOW i am doing a great job and honestly im ok with losing it slowly. I love this site/app and I feel great. I like the way im doing it. But, i secretly (not so secretly on here lol) hope they do gain it back...and thats what i dont like about myself.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who posted on Facebook yesterday that she is going on a LEMONADE DIET! Yes, basically sounds like starving yourself to me with lots of sugar and no fiber, protein, or nutrients. It PISSED me off but I said nothing because I can't tell her what she should and should not be doing. I do have to say, it was really hard not to tell her she will be starving herself (literally)!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Why not try to focus less on other people and more on yourself? It's gonna do you no good to stew over other peoples ability to lose/gain weight. All of our bodies are different and work and if you are doing the right things you will see your results and have your reward too. Hang in there.
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    If you don't like this about yourself, you should spend some time trying to understand why it matters to you, and then focus on the reasons it shouldn't. Then, when you catch yourself thinking this way, rather than wallowing in it, redirect your thoughts consciously to what YOU believe will work for YOU. Rescripting yourself can have huge impacts in your outlook, well beyond the thought habits you thoughtfully break-as I know from experience.
  • jrsunshine
    Options
    I get frustrated wiht those who diet and lose too, I have been working my arce off since October and lost nothing. I am smaller and toner than I think EVER. I am working out and Boxing, they say I am not eating enough...life is hard, I figure if I feel better that's all that matters in the end. I wish the scale would change!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Why not try to focus less on other people and more on yourself? It's gonna do you no good to stew over other peoples ability to lose/gain weight. All of our bodies are different and work and if you are doing the right things you will see your results and have your reward too. Hang in there.

Couldn't've said it better my self... took the words right out my mouth
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you don't like this about yourself, you should spend some time trying to understand why it matters to you, and then focus on the reasons it shouldn't. Then, when you catch yourself thinking this way, rather than wallowing in it, redirect your thoughts consciously to what YOU believe will work for YOU. Rescripting yourself can have huge impacts in your outlook, well beyond the thought habits you thoughtfully break-as I know from experience.

Absolutely agree!!
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am going to take all of your advice into consideration! Thanks for taking the time to answer!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... interesting topic. I've lost a significant amount of weight and am now playing around with purposely gaining small amounts of weight, just to lose it again for fun...primarily for muscle mass, but it's still fun, as I like to experiment with my life. Though, I don't "diet" for months to lose it again. I lose it within a week or two, but for the purpose previously stated all in the interest of fat loss + muscle gain.

Feel free to hate on me, if I'm not already the main topic of conversation. Seriously. I won't take offense to it. I like the jealousy. I make my MFP friends jealous with my massive calorie burns and constant losses per day. It does wonders for my confidence and self-esteem. :flowerforyou:

*EDIT: Just based on your OP, I actually *do* know what I'm doing. I'm doing it my way. I do what I do because I can. And that works for me. You may continue your jealousy, if you still have it.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options

Absolutely agree!
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would turn that energy you have into something positive. Life is too short to worry about what others are doing. To me personally no one deserves anything more than anyone else so you can't really say you/they don't deserve it less than I/him/her do. Just giving it to you straight. You are doing this to become a better person physically, but you can also gain in other areas if you worked as hard on those things as your fitness.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    AAAHHH Banana Grasshoppa: They keep having to crash diet because they are not making life style changes. You will feel great to know that once you lose the weight you want, you will keep it off. No more having to torture your self every other month. Plus when you take care of your body, you feel so much better. When they abuse your body with that food, they feel like crap, then crash dieting makes you feel like crap. Even though it doesn't seem like it, you are actually coming out on top...Just be patient.

Agreed 100%
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. my best mates are all like that, they all have fast metabolisms. drink lots of cold water, eat hot foods, eat little and regularly, you'll be like them soon, dont worry!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... interesting topic. I've lost a significant amount of weight and am now playing around with purposely gaining small amounts of weight, just to lose it again for fun...primarily for muscle mass, but it's still fun, as I like to experiment with my life. Though, I don't "diet" for months to lose it again. I lose it within a week or two, but for the purpose previously stated all in the interest of fat loss + muscle gain.

Feel free to hate on me, if I'm not already the main topic of conversation. Seriously. I won't take offense to it. I like the jealousy. I make my MFP friends jealous with my massive calorie burns and constant losses per day. It does wonders for my confidence and self-esteem. :flowerforyou:

*EDIT: Just based on your OP, I actually *do* know what I'm doing. I'm doing it my way. I do what I do because I can. And that works for me. You may continue your jealousy, if you still have it.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wonder how many calories are burned hating on others? Seriously....I might have been going about this the way wrong way. I always find other peoples success motivating. If they can do it so can I.