Water! Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Options
I really want to drink it but I absolutely cannot stand water, Am I the only one? How can I get over this. I struggle with drinking only one or two glasses of water a day. I have never liked drinking water. I know that I need to and that it is vital that I do so but I honestly despise water. I have even prayed to GOD and asked for a desire to drink water. I know that water is VERY important to my weight-loss and my health. Is it just me? Is anyone else struggling to drink water? If anyone has any suggestions as to how I might learn to love (at least like) water, please let me know. :indifferent:

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I had this problem too! I started with crystal light and then I dwindled down to putting fresh fruit slices in my water (strawberries, limes, lemons,..etc) and that helped! Now I don't even have to put those in there...Now I LOVE water!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I love lime water! its so tasty and quenches your thirst I have gotten up to where I can squeeze half a lime in my water. But I cant sympathize with you.. I have loved water from the time I was little. but then again my mother didnt' EVER have anything but water around when I was little. so yeah.

Try lemon or lime in your water.. and you just gotta force yourself to drink it. Fake it until you like it!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. I just force myself to drink it. Having a reusable water bottle helped. And I also put ice and lemon in it to make it more appealing. :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light individual packets all day baby!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i buy this stuff called "trueLemon" its little packets of crystalized lemon! its like always having a fresh squeeze of lime in your water all the time. i was like you.. its the only reason i drink water now lol
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Try bottled water, we get it delivered because the tap is nasty.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light individual packets all day baby!!

This is the only way to drink water for me.. I need the crystal light.. otherwise I am forcing myself to drink it and that just makes me hate it more!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Try bottled water, we get it delivered because the tap is nasty.
    Personally I only drink tap... depends on where ur from i guess but bottled water taste like plastic
  • maryann430
    Options
    Sometimes I put some light cranberry juice in my water. So if I have a jug of water say 3 liter jug, i drink some and add a 1/2 cup of juice, which is 20 calories. Enjoy!:drinker:
  • aleyazoe81
    Options
    Actually If you like Lemon, Lime or orange. There is a brand called True Lemon and it is awesome. It comes in individual packets so you can put one in a 16.9 Oz bottle and it is perfect. I like all the flavors so maybe you should try that. Dont worry about calories or artificial sweetners cause there aren't any... ENJOY :)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Same for me, can't stand water... So, I add Crystal Light, and it helps me get the water down. I make a deal with myself to drink 1 crystal lite bottle and 1 water bottle..so I go back and forth so that I get my water in and enjoy my crystal lite..Good Luck...
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also. And sounds crazy, but this is what I've found, for me:
    I don't like drinking water out of a glass. And I can't stomach it at room temperature. So I use bottles, and I refill them just with tap water and keep them in the fridge, and I'm more likely to drink it that way. I also have an insulated water bottle in my car... I think that's where I get most of my water in, when I'm driving!
    If I do have to have water out of a glass, I like lots of ice and a straw. Makes it feel more like a non-water drink. In agreement that a wedge of lemon or lime will help too. So maybe play around with how, where, and what temperature you're drinking it. Play whatever little psychological tricks you need to on yourself to get yourself to start drinking! Good luck. x
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too! I started with crystal light and then I dwindled down to putting fresh fruit slices in my water (strawberries, limes, lemons,..etc) and that helped! Now I don't even have to put those in there...Now I LOVE water!!

i agree! after a while of drinking not a lot more than water, you become addicted, and nothing else will do!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am with you on this. I hate water but I have learned to tolerate it. It has to be ice cold for me to drink it and I have to have a straw with it. I started out very slow with my water intake, then gradually increased the amount. I try to use a smaller cup so it seems like its not that much. I also buy Hawaiian Punch sugar free mixers, they are really good and makes you forget you are drinking water.
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of the others, I'm not a huge water fan either but I make myself drink it. I bought a metal reusable water bottle, and for some reason I like the taste out of it better than out of plastic or glass.
  • sheebs11
    sheebs11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    try drinking tea!! hot or cold (home brewed NOT the store bought crap with all the sugar!)
    it and lemon water or cucumber water are the only way i drink enough in a day
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Make it into a drinking game. (google drinking games, there are tons for alcohol, so just do them with water)

Like when watching TV, pick a color (or word or person) and everytime someone is wearing that color on TV drink a gulp of water (or says that word, or that person appears)

Or try just downing a glass as quick as you can. Don't over think it, just do it. You will get used to it eventually.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light or Propel packets for water bottles are great. I'm not a big water fan either.
  • msshaydlady
    Options
    Thanks guys for the responses. I am glad to know that using additives like Propel is okay to use. I think that I can tolerate it with something added. I also like the thought of using drinking games. This will work well for me at work since my co-workers tend to call my name all day, I will just take a sip of water before answering them (this alone should be good for about eight glasses) lol. Again thanks for the suggestions.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions from the others. I technically like water but am still chronically dehydrated b/c I am busy and not at a desk job anymore (seems like all I did was drink and pee when I worked at an office). I also like my water to be very cold, and when I am not into drinking it plain, I find I can get excited about a big glass of plain water with loads of ice and just a splash of artificially sweetened flavored seltzer (Safeway has about a million flavors). I don't like the taste or idea of fake sweetener but a splash (about one ounce to 12+ oz water) is just enough to make the water taste like something without me tasting the aspartame.