Maybe I should introduce myself

Options
I've just kind of jumped in and realized I haven't actually introduced myself yet. I started on my "eating better & exercise" journey a whopping 10 days ago! I really started struggling with weight post pregnancy #1. I gained 70lbs with him, and I had lost 55 before baby #2 came along. I gained 45lbs with him and only lost 15 after he was born. I yo yo'd between 160lbs and 175lbs for years. I then had baby #3 and then #4 and pretty much decided I was going to be happily chubby forever!

I'm not exactly sure what happened to change things but a change happened inside of me about 6 weeks ago. I think it was the realization that I was turning 35 this year. Birthdays have never bothered me and I don't think this one is bothering me either but I just decided to make some changes for the better. I quit smoking on January 22 of this year. And for the first time it was so easy! I have no idea why but it hasn't bothered me in the least. I've quit before (because of pregnancies) but it was so hard. This time I just stopped and the first 4 days were awful but I honestly haven't wanted one since then!

However at the one month mark I realized I had gained 12lbs. That was all I needed to kick my *kitten* in gear. So now I'm taking on my next challenge. I work nights Monday to Friday so fast food and convenience foods had become a part of my daily routine and exercise wasn't even in my vocabulary! So far my changes have consisted of actually drinking water (bleh), eating more veggies, fruit and picking whole wheat over white, and slowly adding exercise into my (somewhat) daily routine. I've even started walking the dog (who has gained a whole lot of weight right along with me!) instead of getting the older kids to do it. I think its paying off anyway, I've lost 2lbs so far, so I must be doing something right! Anyway, I'm finding these changes super easy too. Whenever I would make these changes before in my life it was last 2 days and then I was back to my same ol same ol routine. So like I said, not sure what's happened to me but I'm liking it!

Replies

• spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear all of your new health commitments, welcome to MFP, I to quit smoking in January and It was the best decision I have ever made. Keep up the good work!!!!:smile:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Small changes can mean big results for you :smile:
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You can do it! You are on the right path!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking Monday along w/ the new exercise program and diet. The not smoking is killing me. I have found myself, telling myself, that I'd never go through with it so I might as well just go buy another pack of cigarettes. I want to kick myself in the teeth when I say that...lol. It's much easier for me to eat healthy and exercise then not smoke. Kudos to you for you life changes!!! =)
  • NoWomb4More
    NoWomb4More Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
  • NoWomb4More
    Options
    I quit smoking Monday along w/ the new exercise program and diet. The not smoking is killing me. I have found myself, telling myself, that I'd never go through with it so I might as well just go buy another pack of cigarettes. I want to kick myself in the teeth when I say that...lol. It's much easier for me to eat healthy and exercise then not smoke. Kudos to you for you life changes!!! =)

I completely get that! Like I said, the last times I had quit smoking it was such a struggle for me and I always knew I would start up again (once I stopped breastfeeding!) but this go round has been much easier. Good luck to you!! I hope it gets easier for you.
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    welcome and congratulations, the hard part is deciding to change. It's all good from then, just stay positive.
    feel free to ad me.
  • Shiralee89
    Options
    Hi, I have just started on her too, And im like you have said about just accepting being chubby for the rest of your life. I have 2 kids aged 2 and 4 months and would love to have 1 or 2 more, but the other half isnt so keen, so for now (until he changes his mind) I want my body back. :happy:

Good luck
  • NoWomb4More
    Options
    Hi, I have just started on her too, And im like you have said about just accepting being chubby for the rest of your life. I have 2 kids aged 2 and 4 months and would love to have 1 or 2 more, but the other half isnt so keen, so for now (until he changes his mind) I want my body back. :happy:

Good luck

That sounds like me!! My first 2 are 2 years apart. Hubby said no more.....then 5 years later changed his mind! :wink: So there is 6.5 years between 2 and 3.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! And making other healthy changes for yourself! Sounds like you had a real mindset shift!!
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: