Need advice about breaking plateau

Options
Hi

I need help. I've been at a standstill with my weightloss for a couple weeks. Should I NOT be eating my exercise calories back at all? I usually eat some back. I've been really good lately about drinking my water and staying within my alotted daily calories. I go to the gym 4 times/wk on average. Clothes don't feel much looser. I lost 25 lbs with no plateau really but I seem stuck now. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Holly

Replies

• amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you 25lbs. That is how much I have left.
    I been very slow at losing weight, 10lbs in 4 months.
    I adjusted my goals and decided to keep it there for a month and in the month I lost I think 3-4lbs.
    I just make sure to eat the at least 1200 calories. So that can mean I some or all exercise calories back.
    What worked for my gf was having a real good cheat day eating whatever she wanted.
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    the diet I am on, the author insists eating a protein filled breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up will help significantly, as will ice baths... the latter I wouldn't even dare. It also is not easy to have eggs w/ beans 30 minutes of waking, but it does seem to work.
  • NancyJane7
    NancyJane7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem right now. I've lost 17 lbs. in less than 2 months, now I'm stuck. My trainer told me that I have to mix up my workouts AND my meals. I'm trying, but I'm such a creature of habit.

Good luck, and if you find something that works, let me know!!
  • Beth724
    Beth724 Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't eat all of the calories that I burn from exercise. Also, if you're not hungry, then don't eat. Don't eat just to make a calorie goal. This seems to work for me.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Have you tried having a "cheat" day? When I stall a little I increase my calories a little for a day. The next day I lose weight. Works, for me, every time.

Good Luck!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! You are giving me some really good ideas here. I like, I like [...ok except for the cold baths... Ugh... lol :) ]. I'm going to try to increase the protein, switch up my cardio a bit, and maybe have a bit of a cheat day. See how this all pans out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)