WOMEN!!! Using the correct soap and scaring me to death...

Options
OK, here is a odd one that took a month to figure out.

Laugh if you must. :laugh: :laugh:

Just because you have hand soap in the bathroom, doesn't mean it is good to wash up with.

OMG, I was worried and finally called the doctor. :sick: :sick:

In the eve's and the morn's when I don't need to shower, just a light dusting off, so to speak, I grab a clean rag, and put the soap on, warm water and wash up.

But then I started getting a rash on my bikini line, pits, crack and under my breasts... neck and behind my ears....

I was itchy and felt yucky and thought, well I have been sweaty from my work outs and all and I was using a anti fungal cream for it. And I was sun burned from the past 3 weekends nad at times hit the tanning bed before I go to the beach. :yawn: :yawn:

Then I thought, oh crap, I have been using hand soap instead of my original body wash.

How stupid is that??? :blushing: :blushing:

Why is our skin so sensitive?? I'm OK now, but it was a scare. I thought I was having allergic reactions to things.

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, here is a odd one that took a month to figure out.

Laugh if you must. :laugh: :laugh:

Just because you have hand soap in the bathroom, doesn't mean it is good to wash up with.

OMG, I was worried and finally called the doctor. :sick: :sick:

In the eve's and the morn's when I don't need to shower, just a light dusting off, so to speak, I grab a clean rag, and put the soap on, warm water and wash up.

But then I started getting a rash on my bikini line, pits, crack and under my breasts... neck and behind my ears....

I was itchy and felt yucky and thought, well I have been sweaty from my work outs and all and I was using a anti fungal cream for it. And I was sun burned from the past 3 weekends nad at times hit the tanning bed before I go to the beach. :yawn: :yawn:

Then I thought, oh crap, I have been using hand soap instead of my original body wash.

How stupid is that??? :blushing: :blushing:

Why is our skin so sensitive?? I'm OK now, but it was a scare. I thought I was having allergic reactions to things.
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    glad to hear your ok
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I am like that too and so are all my kids!!!! my daughter was using this one shampoo and she would get hives all over her head and neck .... i am like that with different soaps too i get rashy.....
    My middle child hets hives from the sun!!! yes you heard me right the sun!!!! Whats up with the sensitive skin???
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am glad you are ok,,, we have different soapfor the sink and then for our bathing.. do you?
    some of that stuff is harsh,, but you laready know this now,, i would just use a light body wash or how about them wipes they have...?:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i am glad you are ok,,, we have different soapfor the sink and then for our bathing.. do you?
    some of that stuff is harsh,, but you laready know this now,, i would just use a light body wash or how about them wipes they have...?:flowerforyou: :smooched:

Oh yes, I have diff soaps too, I just wasn't paying attention!!!

Now I have a pink bottle on the sink for wash ups and the regular orange anti bacterial soap on hubby's side and ya know what? He uses my girly soap as well, he is like me, strawberry blond with sensitive skin....