Alli - Anyone tried it?

Options
OK, I'm really not one to take on weight lose measures that I might consider "extreme", but I was wondering if anyone had tried Alli. How well did it work, and did it have the GI tract side affects? If anyone has tried it, please provide some insight and tell me about your experience with it.

Replies

• ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    We were told NOT to take it in my pre-op weight loss course...It causes a lot of people severe diarrhea.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    I Like Alli.....But Not As An Every Day Thing I Only Take When I Know Im Eating Something With A lot Of Fat In It.
    Maybe Once A Day....And Yeah When You Use It More Than That.....Well....Dont Go To Far Away From A Bathroom.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know someone who took it and yes diarrhea. But she liked being on Alli.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My Brother In Law did and, um, "leaked" on the couch..... ew:sick:
  • jenndlphn
    jenndlphn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I took it for about a month with my doctors permission. It did work somewhat but I think more because you are so afraid of the side effects that you don't dare eat badly. I never experienced any side effects and I talked to other people as well who never did - I think as long as you stay under the fat allowed you would be fine. I went off because I figured if I was going to eat right and do my exercise why spend the extra money.
    Hope this helped
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I tried it but didnt finish it out. I didnt see the results they said I would. It felt like I was losing weight at the same rate as I usually did but with my pockets being emptied at the same time by buying the product! And as for side effects, I don't recall experiencing any...maybe a slight dose of diarrhea. But as I say, it didnt work for me :(
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When you consume any fatty foods it will give you uncontrollable oily diarrhea...yep! I have heard it just comes on out with no warning. I have actually heard of people having to wear pads as if they were on their period while taking Alli. Ewwww! :noway: The only way I see that it might work is that the first time I crapped my pants in public, I think I would stop eating all together! I don't recommend it. Healthy eating, portion control, and a good exercise program is the way to go.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine tried it. She said that if she ate anything fatty at all that it would give her bad diarrhea. She did it for a while, but got tired of the expense of it. Apparently it is pretty costly. If you try it, I wish you luck. :smile:
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    omgosh all these posts made me laugh

but yeah....it gives you awful anal leakage... and it doesn't really work any wonders other than scare you about side effects
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Used it not sure if it works, except I was scared to Eat anything greasy bcus that's when I leaked, smelly leakage u don't even feel about a tbsp of it , it's oily so it can be messy .... Sorry if tmi
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it worked as long as I thought I would have an 'accident' if I ate fatty foods. But then I ate something fatty and nothing happened. That was the end of that! It was more psychological for me than anything.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It works because you are scared to eat foods with fat in it!!! Yeah!!! Leakage!! eeewwwww!!!
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    lol at this entire post!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Since it prevents fat from being metabolized... it just kind of goes through your system. It's really weird... the greasy/oily "leakage". I never leaked with it, but when I had BM... if I ate chicken fat - the oil was yellow, beef/pork fat - the oil was orange. Does it work? Yes, it does what it says it will do. Is it necessary? No, not really. Just don't eat too much fat and you get the same effect.