I don't know what is wrong with me!

Options
I have been dieting for five weeks and have lost 7 kg. Things have been going well. I woke up this morning and am so over it all. I am sick of counting every calorie, sick of not being able to have things because I know it really isn't good for me, I am sick of trying to excercise with three kids carrying on. I am sick of thinking negatively and wish I could just get into the right frame of mind for this.

I know I can't give up, I have three girls which as they grow, I need to be an example of how to live healthy and look after yourself. I also need to be healthy so I can be active with my girls, fit into skinny clothes and be more confident.

I am so over having negative thoughts in my head. I just want to be a healthy, skinny and more positive and happy person!

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    I Know How You Feel.
    Just Give yourself One Day A Week Of Rest.
    No Working Out And Throw Your Diet Out The Window.
    Too Much Stress Is Not Going To Help You.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But honestly, I've been at this for a very long time as well and its a battle with me. There are some days I feel great and others I break into tears because I can't get into any of my clothes. I sit there and think is this how its going to be?? I work out everyday and nothing is changing. I eat healthy and nothing is changing. But sometimes it takes some time before we really start to see changes. I know that its hard to keep negative thoughts away, but try thinking yourself in a positive light, such as complimenting yourself for something you did well that day. Try not to think about numbers and try to think how you are getting closer to becoming the person you are. I hope that helps!
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    dont think of it as a diet. Think of it as living...living healthy. Adjusting to a new way is hard but you know that a new way with eating healthier and execersie is a better way.

Hang in there. The longer you last, the better you feel. And if you are like me, the better you feel and the more weight you lose is all the more motivation to continue.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I Know How You Feel.
    Just Give yourself One Day A Week Of Rest.
    No Working Out And Throw Your Diet Out The Window.
    Too Much Stress Is Not Going To Help You.

I completely agree.
  • peach0913
    peach0913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself cheat and rest days. I find that helps and allows me to satisfy my cravings. Stick with it you are doing a great job!
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I get totally fed up with it too at times. It's like I want to sabotage my good work for some reason.

Calorie counting IS tedious though. There are some days when I can't bear to log on. Some days I think i'll scream if I read another person fretting over fat grams or the fact that they ate a cake crumb!

If I can't be bothered to do it then I don't. I don't like fighting against myself!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Think about all the things associated with being overweight that make you sick.............I am sick of having knees that hurt all the time............sick if wearing fat old lady clothes..............sick of feet that hurt.............sick of a fat roll hanging over the top of my jeans...............sick of back fat.............sick of not being able to climb a flight of stairs wihtout getting out of breath.....and so on. Maybe it will help. Good luck.
  • eddieharrisjr
    eddieharrisjr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In the beginning you have to ask yourself, if in the end will it be worth the middle. In other words, do the positives outweigh the negatives? Do some self-inventory and ask yourself why you are doing this. Is it for health or vanity? List the positives versus the negatives, for example being around for your children, being in great health, being able to buy the clothes you want instead of the clothes you have to get.,a boost in self-confidence. Ofcourse its hard...you need to be patient with yourself in this process, the pounds didnt show up overnight and they are not going to disappear overnight. Period. Cherish the small victories, because they are the ones that eventually add up to winning the battle.
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there. Just relax today...don't go on a cookie dough binge, or anything crazy like that...:tongue: , but give yourself a break from the frustration, recuperate, and start fresh tomorrow. One. Day. At. A. Time. :flowerforyou:
  • kristinam07
    kristinam07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! Any time I think I cant have something I just want it that much more!!! It is more about moderation than anything. You dont have to eat 100% healthy ALL the time...if you want a piece of pizza have one...just not 4. (i use pizza because that is my weakness!!) same with cookies or anything else that isnt very good for you. You arent alone in feeling that way though!! hope this helps :-)
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and tips. I have to pull myself out of this. Because I know I want to make a change, mostly for health reasons. I am going to make a list of pros and cons and stick it on the fridge. I think I am wanting to be losing heaps and be fit overnight and it isn't going to happen. I just have to accept that this is going to be a long process.
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    And the good things is I can't have a junk day, I don't have any here. That is probably the best decision I have made since I started, not having my favourite junkie things in the house. So if I am going to be bad, it can only be healthy lol.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Think about all the things associated with being overweight that make you sick.............I am sick of having knees that hurt all the time............sick if wearing fat old lady clothes..............sick of feet that hurt.............sick of a fat roll hanging over the top of my jeans...............sick of back fat.............sick of not being able to climb a flight of stairs wihtout getting out of breath.....and so on. Maybe it will help. Good luck.

What you said is so "right on" - my sentiments exactly!!
  • bfrice1
    bfrice1 Posts: 62
    Options
    What you're going through is the doldrums. For a brief moment, you've lost momentum; you've lost drive and purpose. Let yourself have this day - even if you don't count caolires, try to make good food choices, then get back in gear tomorrow.
  • tshaerban
    Options
    My friend in AA told me that alcoholics know down to the day how long they have been sober. That's because they look at it as they don't know if they can be sober forever, but they know they can be sober this day. SO, maybe you get in a negative mood thinking that you won't ever be able to eat icce cream again, or have McDonald's again- but think of all you CAN do TODAY. You have TODAY, and you can be healthy TODAY, make great choices THIS DAY, and be a great Mom, etc. on top of it Maybe that can help you take one day at a time and then have a better outlook.
    It's hard for me to imagine my 15 ppound weight loss goal for my wedding in 6 months, but I know if I take advantage of eating healthy today, I am one day closer to reaching that goal. It's the baby steps...
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    At one time I was very successful in loosing 40 lbs. One thing I did was to allow myself a SAMPLE of what I craved, chips - had one, candy bar - bought a bag of minis - had one, THEN the trick was to get rid of the rest before I could go back for seconds - I'd drop it off on a co-worker's desk....viola, I lot weight without feeling deprived. Maybe you're being too strict on yourself. We need small indulgences or we'll binge and that's where the danger lies. Take days of rest, and really rest. Good luck! I'm sure tomorrow will be a new day, hang tough and stick with it.
  • Eileen52
    Eileen52 Posts: 9
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you, we all struggle with counting calories and not eating what we really want!! Why it is so difficult to get it off when it just seemed to creep up on you is a mystery. One day at a time, it is a lifestyle change not a diet as someone else just said. So difficult though, good luck xxx
  • Eileen52
    Options
    dont think of it as a diet. Think of it as living...living healthy. Adjusting to a new way is hard but you know that a new way with eating healthier and execersie is a better way.

Hang in there. The longer you last, the better you feel. And if you are like me, the better you feel and the more weight you lose is all the more motivation to continue.
  • Eileen52
    Options
    Good reply!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not over the novelty yet, but I'm waiting for it to happen. I don't know what I'll do then, but I'm trying to remind myself that the only moment I have control over is right now!
    So, if I don't have a cookie (just found cookies at the back of my drawer, oh dear) right now, then that's a victory!

And perhaps now you've been doing this for a while, it's time to evaluate your goals. Have you set yourself a weight loss target per week that is too hard? Would you be better off if you change it to 1/2 a pound less a week, eat a little more and don't feel so deprived?

Remember, this can't just be a short term period of deprivation, it needs to be a change that will stick for a lifetime so you have to be realistic about what you can do.

Hang in there, and come back here to whine whenever you need to, there's lots of sympathetic ears around!