Need support and motivation

Options
Hello- I just found this website and it looks like a good one! I am 209 pounds and want to be at 140, but my goal right now is to lose weight because I am the matron of honor in my sister's wedding so I'd like to lose weight before I buy the dress. I currently am trying the 1200 calories a day, I struggle with everything, I can't lose weight at all. I have been working out 2-3 times a week but haven't been for about 2 weeks now- I am so down because I am watching what I eat and the scales aren't moving. Can someone help me start getting this weight off??? Thank you!

Replies

• brookanna
    Options
    Hello- I just found this website and it looks like a good one! I am 209 pounds and want to be at 140, but my goal right now is to lose weight because I am the matron of honor in my sister's wedding so I'd like to lose weight before I buy the dress. I currently am trying the 1200 calories a day, I struggle with everything, I can't lose weight at all. I have been working out 2-3 times a week but haven't been for about 2 weeks now- I am so down because I am watching what I eat and the scales aren't moving. Can someone help me start getting this weight off??? Thank you!
  • curlhair
    Options
    hey there!

this site is AWESOME, first of all! it really helps to see how much you're eating.

you are definitely eating TOO LITTLE. you need to be eating around 1500, i would say. try bumping up the calories a few hundred.

how long are you working out when you do work out?

also - try taking your measurements. when you begin working out, you're building muscle AND burning fat, so sometimes the scales aren't moving but you ARE shrinking!

good luck :smile: and DON'T give up! get your butt back in the gym!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Hi Brookanna! Welcome, I completely understand your frustration, i worked out really, really, hard and ate right for like a month and the scale did nothing! But then i started poking around on some of these threads and found out a lot of interesting info.

First and foremost go to this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

It has EVERYTHING you need to help you! Including valuable info about eating your exercise calories, which i had no idea what that was until I read some of those posts. But basically if you're eating 1200 (first of all, that might be a little low too, you DO NOT want to go under that, no matter what) and then you exercise and burn around 200 calories that day, basically subtracting 200 from the 1200 and you're under...only 1000 cal. per day will put your body in starvation mode and essentially you will start to store more fat! So either eat more calories or do less exercise (i would go with the first option)!

Anyway, keep tracking everything and keep coming to the threads to get great info....you're already over the worst, that's just making the decision to get healthier! Now you just need to keep it up!!!!
    I know you can do it!!
    -Laura
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! Welcome! :flowerforyou: You will love it here!

Set your goals for small successful goals, don't bite too much off at once, and you will succeed! You can do it! It looks like you have been given quite a bit of advice thus far. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • brookanna
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and support- yeah I'll be honest I haven't been eating the calories I should, I was thinking if I didn't eat then I would lose but guess not. It's so hard to lose weight, I don't have the motivation either so it's harder- I just want the weight to fall off. I work about about 30-50 minutes a day, I don't go unless my sister goes because I don't have anyone else to go with. So I'll keep trying thanks again!
  • brookanna
    Options
    So how have you lost your weight, 23 pounds is good- I'd love for that to happen. I guess I need something that tells me what to do/eat at each meal, like I had a banana for breakfast and I'm not for sure about lunch yet. I need to see results to actually keep upbeat etc.