So not in the mood tonight.

Options
Is that ok? I used to spin ALOT and i stopped and gained weight and ive started going back and im just getting so worn out. im just tired and STARVING and i have no energy right now. I know I should go but im just so shot.
Tell me its ok if i dont go LOL

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why are you tired and starving? Are you eating enough? Do you need to increase your caloric intake? I was feeling awful when I first started MFP, so I increased my calories and felt so much better, and actually lost weight faster.

I would recommend eating a good meal and then going to your spinning class. And then re-evaluate your diet and make sure you're getting everything you need.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Look yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself why you would go and why you wouldnt and make the decision yourself. Unfortunately you are the only one that can answer that question for you. Because no matter what we say it is you that have to handle tomorrow.
  • missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Options
    I am the world's worst at deciding not to work out when I plan to. :-) I say get you something to eat and go to class. It will make you feel better and give you the energy that you are lacking right now. I know that isn't the response you wanted! :-)
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    You are screaming for help, we are all responding that you should JUST DO IT!!
    You will be so glad you did.
    You cant get today back, might as well give it all you go!
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, i eat 1300 a day and I do very well with it. Im not usually starving. Just today for some reason. I just feel like if i go, im so tired that the workout wouldnt be sufficient. I could do pilates at home. I just dont feel like actually driving to the gym and changing lol
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I'm in that mindset and I have to force myself to do something that sometimes it has a negative imact on future workouts. You don't want to start to have negative connotations towards spinning because then you're more likely to dislike the thought of doing it next time. Don't be too easy on yourself either though. But if you really cannot stand the thought of doing it tonight, skip. Only with the promise that you'll do it next time. And if you do skip, don't feel guilty. Allow yourself the treat of relaxing, guilt-free. x
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    honey it not okay go you'll be glad you did and if you don't tomorrow you will wish you had gone. do it honey you feel better after
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    GO

This is the time you feel the most gratified! I love going when I hate it the most
    After the workout you will feel like you can take on the world
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I spin and lift 3 times a week and then I run 3 days a week. For me, if I take off once I will do it again so I just force myself to go. However, if you are tired and starving you must not be eating enough nor are you eating what your body needs. Take a double look at your calories and see if you need to increase them. As well, make sure you are eating plenty of protein and complex carbs. And. . .drink plenty of water!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have days like that too. BUT.... You gotta fight through that feeling and just do it!! Have a little snack, go over your calories today if you need to, but WORK OUT! You will feel better after doing it and even better for fighting against that "OLD" you:)

Go get 'em girl!!!!
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    GO

This is the time you feel the most gratified! I love going when I hate it the most
    After the workout you will feel like you can take on the world

Yes GO - I felt like that on Monday - I had had a CRAP day at work and when I got home there was a block of chocolate on the kitchen bench - I looked at it and was really tempted to open it - but I FORCED myself to get changed and go to the Step Class - I tell you I burnt 500 calories in that 1 hour - I got home and cleaned through the whole house - I felt AMAZING - so please do yourself a favour and GO - You will feel so much better :):flowerforyou:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Are you within your calorie range for the day? If so, then don't worry about taking one night off... but make sure it is just one night, If you are anything like me, once you go more than 2 days without working out, you don't want to get back to it, and you say screw it and eat whatever you want too since you are already being 'bad' Cheat days and rest days are both ok... but just not on the same day... and it can only be cheat days and rest days... NOT WEEKS!. Good luck! you can do this!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the hardest part is getting to the gym...i feel like once i start working out....it's all positive energy from there

My advice: try to go in the morning or during lunch when you still have a lot of energy or at least you feel like you do :)

Have some coffee in the afternoon or something - caffeine helps me power through workouts!
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, I went. I didnt spin though. I did the elliptical for a half hour. It wasnt my best workout. I had no energy but i still did it so thats what counts. But i was so hungry when i was one my way home, i felt like i was going to throw up :(
    I had a banana though and all is well!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Congrats. At least you went. Again Congrats, thats win