Thai Food Help!!

Options
Shaye85
Shaye85 Posts: 107
Ok, I LOVE Thai foor but usually ONLY get Pad Thai...yummy noodles, delicious chicken mmm but i know its horrible for me...
My step-dads birthday is sunday and what are we having??? hummm THAI FOOD! does anyone know whats good on carbs? since i know sodium is out the window already i'd love to eat without feeling guilty or raise eyebrows if i bring my own stuff for dinner.

what do you have when u eat thai food?

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Spring rolls are pretty good for you and low calorie.

Also, you might look at the soups as long as they're broth based and not cream based.

Enjoy!! Thai food is delicious!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Spring rolls are pretty good for you and low calorie.

Obvs, I meant the non-fried type. :)
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    I always do pad thai with tofu, but recently I discovered that the green curry at thai restaurants is amazing.
    I get it with tofu and dump some on a scoop of rice. Filling and amazing, though I don't know much about it nutrition-wise.
  • SarahMA
    SarahMA Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Tom ka soup. It has a coconut milk base with basil, lemon, ginger and (usually) some kind on meat/ seafood. Really tasty and filling with all that liquid but none of the oil of pad thai.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthcastle.com/portionplan_thai.shtml

* Dom Yang Gung (hot and sour shrimp soup)
    * Tom Yam Kung (sour shrimp soup)
    * Chicken, fish, or lean meat satay with 1 tbsp peanut sauce
    * Moo Daeng (roasted pork 6 oz/170 g portion)
    * Tode Mun Plah (spicy fish cakes)
    * Yum Neua Yahng (grilled beef salad with chilies and lime)
    * Sam Tum (green papaya salad)
    * Miang Yuan (soft spring rolls with shrimp and fresh mint)

http://www.ehow.com/how_7779314_eat-thai-food-eating-out.html
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Steamed spring rolls, low cal and so good:smile:
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    i love the spring rolls, i guess i will just have to see the menu, i love rice but i dont know what to put ontop of the rice...lol if it was chinese food i wouldnt care, i love EVERYTHING but thai has some varied tastes, i love tom yum soup! but i can see the oil in it when i eat it...i know its bad...lol
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    I always get Veggie and Tofu fried rice at my Thai place. It's waaaaaayyyyy less cals than the Pad Thai and still delicious. Although I'll usually steal a bite or two of my friends' Pad Thai. ;)
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love the hot and sour soup! Not sure the nutrition on it but its yummy!!
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have no self control when it comes to Thai food. I could bathe in the stuff. I usually get a curry (red or green) with veggies and tofu (and brown rice if they have it). My trick is that I get it SUPER spicy so that I can only eat a little at a time and have to drink a lot of water with it, so I fill up faster. I'd like to think it works, but sometimes I can't be stopped. :)