• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Join in and tell us what you did today! :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    4.25 mile run early this AM.

Did Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's w/ my dh last night, feeling it this morning!! :tongue:

Have a good Tuesday!

Jess
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 2.2 miles in 20 minutes on my treadmill. Then, I spent 30 minutes on my bike trainer.
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    I did a 1 mile warm up and then did my legs and shoulders workout. I am scheduled for 3 miles after work.

Have a great day!
    JD
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Woke up with a terrible head cold. Gonna to take it easy today.

:flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me. Boot camp tomorrow so maybe no running until Thursday.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I did 5K in 49 min, 30 sec. 5 1/2 minutes off of my last time!!! :bigsmile: I've got my 5K run coming up on Saturday and I don't want to get passed by people who are walking! So, I pushed myself today and thanks to some advice from Banks, I was definitely faster. It was definitely mind over matter this morning since I had to keep telling myself "one more lap, you can go one more lap." I had to walk it a little more just to get my heart rate back down some, but it was still faster! Whoo Hoo! I'll do it again on Thursday and then take it easy on Friday to rest up for Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting an organized run under my belt. It's also for a good cause, so even if I am the last runner across the line, it'll be worth it.

Mir - hope you are feeling better. I hate head colds. Saps the strength right outta ya.

Happy Tuesday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    I did a 5K and walked to warm up and cool down. Felt good to run after not running a while lot due to starting to do strength training.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 3.5 miles at an easy pace this morning. It was nice and cool outside! I am loving this weather. Perfect for morning runs.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I went to spinning class this morning for about 40 min. Then the basketball team was in the other room starting Turbo, so I joined in for that for about 30 min, I couldn't do it all because I had to get ready for work. They were hilarious!!:laugh:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    GoooooooD Morning Runners!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Yeah, I love my new position at work, it allows me to go in later and run in the mornings again.
    I did a 5K this morning also. Getting better with my times also, I averaged 11:41 per mile. I think I am good to say below the 12 minute mile finally, at least on the 5k runs.
    See you tomorrow!
    SM
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I did 5.5 this morning. Pushed under ten minute miles for a mile or two.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for 10 X 400s. I'm assuming this means 10 quarter miles. Am I supposed to do something in between?

I followed a training program this spring, but I pretty much just used it to build distance. Now I want to improve time, so I truly want to follow the speed work and tempo runs.

Also, I have been recording all my food, eating my cals and exercise cals, getting in my water and I'm up 1.2 pounds. :grumble: (and no, it's not THAT week). Advice? Help?

Happy running or whatever it is you are doing to move your body today :smile:
  • desti_99
    desti_99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow...you guys are great...how do you get up when it's still dark though???

I did go to the gym yesterday and did the stair master for an hour. Then went out salsa dancing. I had forgotten how much fun that is and a great calorie burner!

I thought about jogging today but just too tired this morning from being out late. I do plan to workout tonight with some capoeira (afro-brazilian marital art).

Have a good day everyone!
  • Slender1
    Options
    4-mile run coming up this evening ...
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Morning runners:

No run for me today, had an awesome workout session with the trainer. Lots of new ways to do old moves like lunges with feet on 2 upended bosu balls. Was a total body workout, thank goodness as i have been using my legs a lot biking and running.

Mir: Ever try Cold FX? Works great if you can take them early with the virus. Hope you feel better soon.

515teachandrun: Could be muscle weight. Make sure you are drinking lots of water.

Have a great day all

Carol
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I did 5.5 this morning. Pushed under ten minute miles for a mile or two.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for 10 X 400s. I'm assuming this means 10 quarter miles. Am I supposed to do something in between?

I followed a training program this spring, but I pretty much just used it to build distance. Now I want to improve time, so I truly want to follow the speed work and tempo runs.

Also, I have been recording all my food, eating my cals and exercise cals, getting in my water and I'm up 1.2 pounds. :grumble: (and no, it's not THAT week). Advice? Help?

Happy running or whatever it is you are doing to move your body today :smile:

Good morning. DId a mile warm up, 8 x 800 intervals on the track, 1 mile cool down. Feels great!

515teachNRun,
    a general rule of thumb is to rest for half the time it takes to run your interval. So, say if you run the 400 m in 2:00 minutes, rest or walk for one minute before running your next 400 interval. If you need to recover longer, that's OK, as long as you don't cool down too much. (ANd if a minute seems too long to recover, run harder on your next lap :laugh: )
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    4.5 for me today!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Desti: I love the capiero (sp) parts of Turbo Jam. I'll bet a whole class kicks!!!

RunnerDad: Thanks for the advice on the intervals. I'll be giving it a try tomorrow morning.

And thanks for the advice on the water. I am doing my 64 oz. but I should probably be upping that to make up for the water I'm losing during running.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi yall. 3.1 miles today. Still gotta go do some speed work. Keep running!! Here's to happy feet:drinker:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    7 miles today @ a 8 minute pace. It was such a beautiful day outside - I seriously felt like I could run forever. I love those days!