Signed up for my first 5K

Options
I just registered for the Susan G Komen 5 K that is on April 30 near my town! I'm so excited! A year ago I could not even run for 2 min, but I gradually added minutes to my walking. I've been able to run a 5 K nonstop now for a few months, but I'm just trying to decrease my time. Making a committment like this involving exercise is huge for me.

I was NEVER a runner before. I probably couldn't of even been frightened into a run, lol. Now it's my preferred form of exercise!

Replies

• skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    yay! CONGRATS!
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I use races to keep me motivated to run. I absolutely love crossing the finish line. It's a great feeling.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My first one is april 2nd. I'm walking it though with some jogging tossed in. I'm not ready to run yet! Congrats and good luck!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is great! and such a wonderful cause! Good luck to you - rock it out! :flowerforyou:
  • chango69
    chango69 Posts: 39
    Options
    I will be running in my first one on April 17th, so good luck to all of us (the first timers)
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    OMG I am so envious...I am just walking 5K now without difficulty which is a first in years...People like you inspire me to keep pushing the envelope! Thanks so much!
  • Beth_1217
    Beth_1217 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good for you! :happy:

I ran my first 5K last summer. Crossing that finish line was such a great accomplishment. I'm already signed up for two races this spring and I recruited several friends and even my dad! Running is an addiction!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have a few runs lined up over the next few months. A 5K in 2 weeks, another one next month, and 10K's in May and July.
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm already thinking of signing up for another one in June....it is addicting Beth!

And good luck to you Chango69!
  • street_wi
    street_wi Posts: 15
    Options
    You will love it! I think the 5k is a perfect first race. It's not to far but far enough where you feel such pride crossing that finish line! You will run many more for sure! I do several a year because they're so addicting and easy to come by! Eventually, you'll do longer races... It's inevitable! haha =) Good luck and have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!