how many calories burnt with personal trainer

Options
hi i have a personal trainer and we train 3 times a week. each time we do different workout and excercies.
the thing that i want to know is how do i know how much calories i have burnt off.

dont want to be over excercising :happy:

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i would plug it in as what you're doing. if you do circuits, put it in as that, then if you do lifting put it under strength
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    A simple formula is 1 calorie per minute for lying on the couch watching tv, 10 calorie per minute running from a bear. (this is low enough to count in a few breaks here and there) Estimate how hard you worked and multiply minutes x 1-10. It's a total ballpark, but honest enough to keep you close.

In general, don't worry about over exercising :)
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    It is going to depend. Best bet? Get a HRM.

My personal trainer was calculating the average calorie expenditure per exercise and doing all the math for me based on the session he planned. But, when I got a HRM, I was burning more almost always. He would have calculated 600-800 and I'd actually have a HRM reading of 800-1000.

Best of luck figuring this out!
  • jinad
    jinad Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks that is great help
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    A simple formula is 1 calorie per minute for lying on the couch watching tv, 10 calorie per minute running from a bear. (this is low enough to count in a few breaks here and there) Estimate how hard you worked and multiply minutes x 1-10. It's a total ballpark, but honest enough to keep you close.

In general, don't worry about over exercising :)

I was wondering if anyone else used this formula!!!! Holds pretty true if you are honest with yourself!!!