For all the ladies...

Options
I usually like to post on Friday evening to encourage everyone for the weekend but i won't be on much the next few days. Saturday marks the 11th anniversary of losing my first daughter and it is a pretty rough time. But some friends are taking me and my kids out Saturday and I am gonna be ok. But I didn't write this to get sympathy or bring anyone down. I am writing this for everyone to remember why they are on this journey to begin with. It is not to look like a model or win 1st place in a beauty contest. It is to be healthy so you can have a long and full life. So you can see your kids grow up and be their for them and your friends... Life is precious and wonderful... Now saying all of that I will continue by saying that you ladies ARE beautiful! You are as beautiful to me as a sunrise. Each of you are warriors but you are also smart, funny, and elegant. Whoever holds you today (or will hold you in the future) is the luckiest person on the planet. You are fighters, fierce and true, but you are also simple gorgeous. I couldn't be more blessed to know you and I love you all dearly and respect you immensley.
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Love,

Ed

Replies

• ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awwww....that is so sweet! Just made my day. Thank u!:flowerforyou:
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    That made me cry :) Definitely needed that today. Have a great weekend :) You're doing fantastic too!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am sure your daughter was a very lucky girl to have a father like you. I can tell you have the utmost respect for women and that is a wonderful thing to see. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You're so good to us, Ed. Thank you <3
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post.
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • Shari62
    Shari62 Posts: 7
    Options
    I really would like to look like a model............
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful message. Thank you.
  • chickybabe05
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for the boost! very emotional to read, im on the verge of tears. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • Demandante
    Options
    that made my day :)
  • tammydspice
    tammydspice Posts: 102
    Options
    awwww, I so needed that, i just looked at a pic that was taken of me on Saturday night out with the girls, thinking after 35lbs gone that I looked great, yeah...nope I didn't.

Thanks for the nice words.
    Tammy
  • mattie11
    mattie11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    thank you so very much......that is so nice to hear! :flowerforyou:
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes, thank you for the post... : ) I will pray for you and your family as well. Have a good weekend with your family! :flowerforyou:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am tearing up!! Thank you. BTW getting healthy is a wonderful tribute to your daughter. May she rest in peace!! Also, wanted to say Thank you for your service.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    That was just beyond amazing. Thank you for that and I hope that you will be filled with strength each and every day :)
  • clevethin
    clevethin Posts: 26
    Options
    Ed,
    Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement.
    I'll be thinking of you. Monday is the 19th anniversary of losing my son. (It's hard to tell people that without them feeling they need to fall apart for me, so I know what you mean about not wanting to bring people down.)
    Good thing our God is SO big!
    ((((((hug))))))
    ~kim
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • nora62662
    nora62662 Posts: 27
    Options
    That was so very sweet of you. Thank you Ed. I also lost a son at the age of 14 so I know how hard it is. I Know the Lord is taking care of them in Heaven. Something my Grandmother said to me: As long as they stay in your heart, they r never gone.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    You know just what to say and when we need it the most...thanks! My thoughts are with you (((chiefs wife hug)))