Gainded Weight this week

Options
I guess not only calories, but good nutrition is just as important. This has been a bad week, lots of travel for work and added stress in other areas. As you can guess by my topic, I gained 5 ever loving pounds since last week. I am very upset about this, and an very confused. I kept all of my calories to my limit, but the nutrition was left wanting as I was eating at of odd times and missing some meals. This is really a punch in the face, as of last week I had lost 32 pounds, now I feel like I have worked backwards for a full week.

Any suggestions, thoughts or theories?
Thanks

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Before your trip, you were obviously doing something right. Get back to it. The weight will come back off as your body resets itself. Keep up the good work and hang in there!
  • tjhmoody
    tjhmoody Posts: 28
    Options
    Let go of the past and look forward to the future. You can't change what already is but you can pick yourself up and get right back on track. If you dwell on that 5 lbs. too long you might get depressed and feel like giving up. Also look at how far you've come on your journey and let that inspire you to continue.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Some of it could just be water weight. I know after a couple bad days, even though I was within my calorie budget, I gained 3 lbs of water weight. What I was eating had a lot of sodium. It took almost an entire week to get it off! Don't get discouraged!
  • nora62662
    nora62662 Posts: 27
    Options
    Not sure if you went on a plane or not, but if u did I know it does a lot to your inside that why alot of people have problems going to the bathroom on trips. Give your self a week I bet it will all come off.
  • ShannonE1978
    ShannonE1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Stress can make retain water which can cause some gain. Maybe now that you are home you need to take a little time to yourself. Just get back into your routine and don't add the stress of thinking about it. I wish you lots of luck! :)
  • ready2loose60
    Options
    I had a week like that last week. very stressed about snacking so much! keep your head up & congratulations of your accomplishments thus far!
  • willowbank
    Options
    hey dont be to hard on your self and focus on what you have lost, and remember you were doing things out of the ordinary (travel) and thats got to be hard to stay on track , focus on how well you have done so far and how much you have lost cos look how blimminn easy it is to put it back on and you havent been doing that most of the time! sometimes we slip up and it sucks when the scales dont hide anything from us ! but u are focussed and u have learnt that u cant eat like that without a gain - and now you are back on track !
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You have still lost 27 pounds. Just start now on going oforward.
  • TigerBeauty
    Options
    Please keep you head up. There will be days and weeks like this. My only suggestion would be to plan what you will eat when you travel. Even write it down. It may be a good idea to figure out how you can incorporate 10 mins of exercise 2x a day. Sometimes, I do ab exercises while I'm driving. Pulling in my stomach for 10 seconds at least 10 times. Or doing a few leg lifts while sitting at a desk. Little stuff to help. But please don't beat yourself up. You are doing great!
  • bdgstone1
    bdgstone1 Posts: 18
    Options
    First, like everyone else says, one day or one week do not a healthy life style make Its 5 lbs. You'll lose it again.

I feel ya about eating on the road...I work in television production and when I;m on the road its tough to eat right; but I do make the conscious effort to make sure to keep the cals if not the GOOD food in focus.

Luckily the MyFitnessPal thing has been a LIFE saver and I can USUALLY figure out how to carve out my min 1200 cals and not go over my deficit cal max...which has changed as I have been losing weight...and updating my weigh ins (very important in calculating HOW and HOW MANY calories I burn).... as well I try and keep up and over burning 1000 cals a day (when I;m on the road I try and do an hour ont he treadmill at 4 miles an hour at a 5% grade (3 mph will do it)...and I get about 800 or so cals out of that...its not ALWAYS my goal deficit but its close to even or under.

I think that's really the key is to make sure you make time to do some cal burn while you're. I don't know how flexible your job is but I put it in my travel rider that whatever hotel they put me up at HAS to have a gym with a treadmill and a weight machine.

Good luck...keep on keepin' on!

4332622.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    Congratulations on your success this far!

Don't beat yourself up about it. It was a different sort of week with other things going on. Put it behind you and carry on and you'll be fine. I've berated myself too often for mistakes in the past and it just doesn't do you any good.

You've done well - be pround of yourself. :smile:
  • carexsedge
    carexsedge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the scale is discouraging but put it in perspective. To have really gained 5 pounds you would have had to have eaten an additional 5 x 3500 kcal in one week. That is 17,500 kcals. Think about it. You would have had to have been eating an additional 17.5 pints of Cherry Garcia last week to put that much weight back on. It's probably just water retention due to stress, sodium or hormones. I bet the 5 lbs comes off as fast as it mysteriously showed up.