I've stalled :(

Options
Yep I've stalled. My body has decided it quite likes 65kg. I saw 64.5kg for about a week and now 65kg is back... :grumble:

Probably my own fault. I've always said 65kg is my limit... and then I changed my mind.

So I've tried a bit more exercise, and I've tried increasing my calories a bit and changing up what I'm eating. And still the scales won't move! Silly me doesn't measure either :ohwell:

Food diary is public so feel free to have a look see. Exercise is circuit type training and I'm training a dressage horse about 4 days a week as well.

Some input would be very much appreciated. :drinker: and i will start logging my weekends again!! And no i don't log water! I drink 2 to 3 litres a day though :flowerforyou:

I just want to get rid of the last few pesky pounds and tone up a bit more other then that I'm happy :tongue:

Replies

• scalpay
    scalpay Posts: 44
    Options
    Rumors are, you need 1600 calories ;) I'm trying that right now, and I'll let you know if it works! Other than that, I believe it's like you said, your body likes being at 65 kg. Lucky you, mine likes 68 ^^ good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    you are eating too many calories period.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Scalpay- mine liked 70kg for about 4 weeks until i got to budge again. I'll keep going with what I'm doing. I'm trying to add more healthy calories here and there slowly. Trying to figure what I can eat has been the hard part. I try to stay away from white carbs..my biggest weakness. have now replaced them with quinoa and rye and pumpernickel bread.. :love:
  • scalpay
    Options
    you are eating too many calories period.

She eats 1400 Calories. In what Universe is that too much?

Dom, I saw that you don't get enough protein. It's essential to build your muscles, more muscles means more calorie burn during the day. (having the same problem but I only discovered yesterday how much protein you need, it's one gramm of protein for your goal weight in pounds, I would be around 148 g for you, and not like 60 as Mfp suggests)
  • scalpay
    Options
    Scalpay- mine liked 70kg for about 4 weeks until i got to budge again. I'll keep going with what I'm doing. I'm trying to add more healthy calories here and there slowly. Trying to figure what I can eat has been the hard part. I try to stay away from white carbs..my biggest weakness. have now replaced them with quinoa and rye and pumpernickel bread.. :love:

Instead of pumpernickel, walmart has a whole grain bread from Sara lee, 45 calories a slice ;) and it tastes good!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options
    Try different exercise, not necessarily more. I don't know what you use, but try Interval Training, or High Intensity Interval Training, or Metabolic Restistance Training, or full out weight training; but do something completely different for a week to shock your body. If you are at 1400 calories, you are probably ok, but you body needs something different to get going again. To get rid of that last weight you may have to switch up the type of workouts you do weekly because your body will adapt.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    ScalPay- I'm in Australia. So sadly no Walmart for me. Yes I struggle a bit with protein. I was looking at low calorie protein shakes at the shops last night. I may have to consider buying one. they do a latte flavoured one so I might be able to replace my morning coffee with that.
  • scalpay
    Options
    Latte flavoured! Yum! I bought Jillian michaels shake, lowest on calorie highest on protein and nutrition. But you might not have those either down under.
    To the different exercise: that a good point, your body simply gets used to it. Keep riding your horse tho, I always envy you when I see your exercise post ;)