"old meal" calories?

Options
Many of us on this site have come such a long way after starting our weight loss/ get healthier journeys. I was thinking back to the time when I'd be very lonely/stressed and go to McDonald's for the soul purpose of having a "fat fest" with myself to literally gorge myself because it made me feel better. My meal of choice during times like these was always a double quarter pounder with cheese meal, size large with a large chocolate milk shake to wash it down.

I'm proud to say I have come a very long way since that point, and now am controlling my emotions in a healthier manner....but it got me thinking....I wonder how many calories I actually would consume on days like that? So I played around on the data base site to look up some of my favorite "bad" or treat foods (that often were consumed several times a week/day) and especially my meal of choice at mickey D's. 1,743 calories for just my LUNCH on any given day! No wonder I went from 140ish to 180 in a matter of 7 months my junior year in college...

Can anyone else think of their old comfort/usual food that they have over come and calculated the calories? This database on the site really makes it easy to find anything!

Replies

• cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I just looked up mine. I ate this on the regular usually after drinking :-( Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes (270 Calories 16 grams of fat) with a steak Chalupa Supreme (350 Calories with 18 grams of fat) Over half my total fat for the day!

!
  • TanyaH321
    TanyaH321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what we used to eat, huh? I just calculated my typical McDonald's meal from the past: 1 McChicken, 1 McDouble, med fries, 32 oz sweet tea and a hot apple pie........ 1660 calories!!! Wow! Now I understand why I was so fat. I'm so glad I can go to McDonald's with my family and not eat that. My willpower is soooo much better now.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to look up my caramel cashew sundae ... and it was a daily habit... and I free poured. LOL
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My typical day:

Bacon, Egg, Cheese Bagel
    2 Hash Browns
    Large Sweet Tea

1140 calories
    1930mg Sodium
    46g Fat
    155g Carbs

Wendy's Spicy Chicken with Bacon, Mayo, Cheese
    Med Fries
    Med Sweet Tea

1158 calories
    2020mg Sodium
    44g Fat
    146g Carbs

TOTAL Breakfast/Lunch:
    2298 calories
    3950mg Sodium
    90g Fat
    301g Carbs

This does't even include dinner - which I would usually cook at home. But MY serving size and suggested serving were MUCH MUCH different. LOL

...almost 4000mg of Sodium!!! WHAT?!!?!?!?
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I loved Burger King: original chicken sandwich with cheese added (at least 650 calories), a large fry (540 calories), a large vanilla shake (a small is 360 calories...a large has to be close to 900 if not more). WOW....That was just lunch! Then sometimes we'd go out for dinner too! No wonder I didn't have a neck anymore. LOL
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i would consume about 5300 on beer alone and eat all three meals plus snacks that were also unhealthy. I went from 130 to 187 in the matter of a few months. I cut down the amount of beer and food, and have found my way back down to 166. It was so easy to gain the weight, and exponentially harder to lose it! I am now trying to get down to 140! I hope it goes smoothly! Also, other than the amount of fat and calories in mcdonalds, all in all, the food there is not good at all, for anyone. food should not consist of mass produced and genetically engineered products made on an assembly line. I wish you the best of luck!